- Ed Ruscha: On The Road
- Posted 36 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 4638 Views
A new exhibition at the Hammer Museum in Los Angeles sees the bringing together of two great art and language visionaries - Ed Ruscha and Jack Kerouac. During the last few years Ruscha has explored the shifting emblems of American life by turning his aesthetic to Kerouac's classic novel On The Road, a documentation of his experiences during road trips in the U.S. and written on a continuous 120 foot-long scroll. Having teamed up with Gagosian Gallery and Steidl to produce a limited edition artist book version of the novel in 2009 featuring photographs that he took, commissioned, or found, Ruscha has created an entirely new body of paintings and drawings that take their inspiration from passages in Kerouacís novel.
The exhibition will showcase Ruscha's edition of the Kerouac novel, six large paintings, and ten drawings created on museum board, each taking their text from On the Road, using phrases like "In California you chew the juice out of grapes and spit away the skin, a real luxury."
"Ed Ruscha: On The Road" opened yesterday (4 July) and will be running through 2 October, 2011.
10899 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90024
- Foam Issue 27 Now Stocked
- 36 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 1578 Views
- The latest issue of the comprehensive Dutch photography magazine Foam is now available to buy from our online shop. Entitled the "Report" issue, the magazine takes a look at the world's latest news, zooming in on major events happening right now. Through eight photography portfolios...
- Retroscope: Don't Look Now
- 36 months ago · film · 1 Comment · 3491 Views
- Out this week on remastered Blu Ray, Don't Look Now is a strange film that was dogged in controversy upon its release for its unflinching sex scenes, which despite looking tame by today's standards, are still rumoured to be unsimulated by Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie.
- Christopher Kane SS12 Men's Collection
- 36 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 3443 Views
- Below is a closer look at Christopher Kane's men's Spring/Summer 2012 collection, following from his first ever men's collection last year. The line expands upon the previous line, which was predominantly t-shirts and hoodies, by offering suits, jackets and trousers as part of the...
- Persol Steve McQueen Sunglasses
- 36 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 5252 Views
- Persol, an Italian eyewear label synonymous with class and elegance for more than 90 years, have brought back their iconic PO 714 SM frames, as worn by the legendary Steve McQueen, in a new special edition which even feature his blue tinted lenses. Available now from select stockists...