- Nan Goldin: Fireleap
- Posted 39 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 4437 Views
Legendary fine art photographer Nan Goldin recently opened her new show, entitled "Fireleap" at the Sprovieri Gallery in London's Mayfair. The exhibition features a series of landscapes as well as a number of images of children, taken between 1978 and today, revealing the artist's fascination with their freedom and natural innocence. All the images on display were previously unseen: "They have been my secret work metaphors for loneliness… (I was) trying to break the glass between the outside world and me. I had lived in a dark space for 15 years so the landscape was unfamiliar to me, a fascination with an unknown world outside".
The exhibition opened on 24 June and will be running through 6 August, 2011.
23 Heddon Street
- Video: MUCU Stationary
- 39 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 2504 Views
- Contemporary online lifestyle store Vetted have just produced a video which showcases the latest range of MUCU stationary products. The tranquil video shows us how the elegant notebooks can be used in day-to-day life, showcasing their high quality to the fullest. MUCU, a Japanese...
- Duck Sauce - Big Bad Wolf
- 39 months ago · music · 4 Comments · 3457 Views
- Quickly rising to fame after the release of hit "Barbra Streisand", New York-based duo Duck Sauce have followed up with "Big Bad Wolf". Again, the track constantly repeats its only self-titled lyrics over an equally repetitive beat, which can induce a bit of a headache if you're...
- Foam Issue 27 Now Stocked
- 39 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 1764 Views
- The latest issue of the comprehensive Dutch photography magazine Foam is now available to buy from our online shop. Entitled the "Report" issue, the magazine takes a look at the world's latest news, zooming in on major events happening right now. Through eight photography portfolios...
- Fleet Ilya Leather Visors
- 39 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 3817 Views
- Fleet Ilya are a relatively young label founded by Russian-born Ilya Fleet, who has a background in traditional saddle-making, and Resha Sharma, who studied graphic design at Central Saint Martins in London. Since starting out in a small bedroom in south London the label have grown...
- Gitman Bros & Opening Ceremony Collaboration
- 39 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 2148 Views
- A new project between Gitman Bros, an American shirt-maker founded back in 1978, and Opening Ceremony, the hugely popular store set-up by Humberto Leon and Carol Lim, yields four shirts and four handsome pairs of patterned shorts....