- Video: Spike Jonze - Mourir Aupres de Toi
- Posted 31 months ago by staff · film · 12676 Views
Yesterday, NOWNESS.com premiered a new short film from the celebrated filmmaker Spike Jonze. Made in collaboration with Olympia Le-Tan, the short sees her embroidered clutch bags (made in the design of famous books) spring to life during the after hours of a parisian bookstore. "It's such a beautiful and romantic place," said Le-Tan. "The perfect setting for our story!"
The project apparently began when Jonze asked Le-Tan for a Catcher in the Rye embroidery to put on his wall. Le-Tan replied saying that she would make it, but only in return for a film. The result took over six months and 3,000 pieces of hand-cut felt to create.
- New Music, I Come To Shanghai
- 31 months ago · music · 0 Comments · 3158 Views
- "In Your Own Way" is the new slow burning, sweet singing, synth wonderment from Athens-based pair, I Come To Shanghai. This song comes with an extra remixed treat from Heart Island aka SPORTS. Keep an eye on I Come To Shanghai for a new album on wax dropping sometime next year....
- 31 months ago · film · 0 Comments · 2762 Views
- Summary: Rebellious Emelia (Jessica Brown-Findlay) takes a job as a cleaner in a seaside hotel owned by a middle-aged author suffering from writer's block. His wife, Joa (Julia Ormond), has given up her acting career to run the hotel, while bookish daughter Beth (Felicity Jones),...
- Trailer Tuesday
- 31 months ago · film · 1 Comment · 3546 Views
- This week's Trailer Tuesday highlights four highly anticipated films coming to you in early 2012. We have Steven Spielberg's adaptation of the hugely successful play War Horse, artist Steve McQueen and Michael Fassbender collaborating again this time with Shame, Roman Polanski bringing...
- The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn
- 31 months ago · film · 0 Comments · 2716 Views
- Summary: Unquenchably curious young reporter Tintin (Jamie Bell) and his fiercely loyal dog Snowy discover a model ship carrying an explosive secret. Drawn into a centuries-old mystery, Tintin finds himself in the sightlines...