- Ai Weiwei To Pay £1.5 Million In Tax
- Posted 35 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 3066 Views
The Chinese artist Ai Weiwei has been ordered to pay 15m yuan (£1.5m) in tax by officials after being detained for almost three months this spring. After being released, Ai Weiwei told the Guardian that he did not owe any tax money, adding "It's a game they play all the time … They needed an excuse to take me away for 81 days."
Ai said that the tax money was actually owed by Fake, a company that handled all of his affairs but is legally registered by his wife:"I am a designer for the company; I am not the legal representative, nor the manager… I never signed papers or made a deal or transferred money – I was nothing to do with the accounting. They said I was the 'actual controlling person' of the company."
- Video: Kid Cudi - Maniac
- 35 months ago · music · 1 Comment · 3182 Views
- It was almost 11 months ago that Kid Cudi first announced actor/director Shia LaBeouf would be creating his visuals, but in true spooky style Cudi released the 10-minute-long clip for "Maniac" yesterday, on Halloween. The video follows the rapper around Detroit as he brings terror...
- Kanye West And Drake Work With Bieber
- 35 months ago · music · 0 Comments · 5562 Views
- Many have been speculated, but now it's actually happening - Justin Bieber is working with Kanye West and Drake on his new studio album Believe, which is due out next year. They're not the only hip-hop artists who are interested in collaborating with the 17-year-old either - Tyler...