- New London Bus Design
- Posted 33 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 33511 Views
Some new images of Thomas Heatherwick's London routemaster bus redesign have come to the surface. The new version of the iconic bus features two staircases and three doors - enabling travellers to once again hop on and off whenever they want!
Apparently the new bus will also be fuel efficient, saving 15% more energy than the existing hybrid buses and 40% more than the conventional diesel versions.
Heatherwick said:"It has been 50 years since a bus was last designed and commissioned specifically for London. This has been a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a team to look again at the opportunities for a new open-platform bus. It has been an honour to be asked by Londonís transport authority to take an integrated approach and design everything that you see and experience from the outside down to the tiniest details of the interior."
Seven of these buses will soon be appearing of the route of bus 38.
- I just don't see the point.. will it make them cheaper or more reliable.. will it get more people using public transport.. The answer is NO. While I can understand the idea behind going electric, especially within a city like London. I cannot and never will understand, the reason for a new design of something that works fine as it is now. It's that old phrase.. If it ain't broke DON'T fix it
- Andrew Lee Posted 33 months ago · 16 Reply
- TUDOR Heritage Chrono
- 32 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 5434 Views
- In a very short time the Heritage Chrono has become the icon of the watch brand TUDOR. The design is inspired by the much-celebrated TUDOR Oysterdate Chronograph from the 70's, celebrating the vintage racing spirit of the original watch. The Heritage Chrono is enhanced by a bidirectional...
- Slam City Skates City of Rats Microsite
- 33 months ago · film · 0 Comments · 5755 Views
- Legendary London skate shop Slam City Skates have just launched a micro site devoted to their upcoming film City of Rats, which is due for release in February 2012. Having been 25 years in the making, the film will look at the British skate scene and will take a look at the past...
- Video: Chloe Sevigny Talks Us Through Her Wardrobe Part 3
- 33 months ago · culture · 2 Comments · 5012 Views
- In the latest installment of Opening Ceremony TV series Chez Chloe Sevigny, we get a tour of her personal photos, from an Inez and Vinoodh original on...
- Nuji & HUH. Store Rewards
- 33 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 4561 Views
- As if offering you regular rewards through our Facebook album isn't enough, we've now teamed up with social wish list site Nuji to give you even more discounts. The whole thing is pretty simple, all you have to do is add us on Nuji and tag our products. Each time you tag a product...