- New London Bus Design
- Posted 38 months ago by Jack Lowe · Art & Design · 38065 Views
Some new images of Thomas Heatherwick's London routemaster bus redesign have come to the surface. The new version of the iconic bus features two staircases and three doors - enabling travellers to once again hop on and off whenever they want!
Apparently the new bus will also be fuel efficient, saving 15% more energy than the existing hybrid buses and 40% more than the conventional diesel versions.
Heatherwick said:"It has been 50 years since a bus was last designed and commissioned specifically for London. This has been a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a team to look again at the opportunities for a new open-platform bus. It has been an honour to be asked by Londonís transport authority to take an integrated approach and design everything that you see and experience from the outside down to the tiniest details of the interior."
Seven of these buses will soon be appearing of the route of bus 38.
- I just don't see the point.. will it make them cheaper or more reliable.. will it get more people using public transport.. The answer is NO. While I can understand the idea behind going electric, especially within a city like London. I cannot and never will understand, the reason for a new design of something that works fine as it is now. It's that old phrase.. If it ain't broke DON'T fix it
- Andrew Lee Posted 37 months ago · 47 Reply
- TUDOR Heritage Chrono
- 37 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 7160 Views
- In a very short time the Heritage Chrono has become the icon of the watch brand TUDOR. The design is inspired by the much-celebrated TUDOR Oysterdate Chronograph from the 70's, celebrating the vintage racing spirit of the original watch. The Heritage Chrono is enhanced by a bidirectional...
- Slam City Skates City of Rats Microsite
- 38 months ago · film · 0 Comments · 7302 Views
- Legendary London skate shop Slam City Skates have just launched a micro site devoted to their upcoming film City of Rats, which is due for release in February 2012. Having been 25 years in the making, the film will look at the British skate scene and will take a look at the past...
- Video: Chloe Sevigny Talks Us Through Her Wardrobe Part 3
- 38 months ago · culture · 2 Comments · 6668 Views
- In the latest installment of Opening Ceremony TV series Chez Chloe Sevigny, we get a tour of her personal photos, from an Inez and Vinoodh original on...
- Nuji & HUH. Store Rewards
- 38 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 6108 Views
- As if offering you regular rewards through our Facebook album isn't enough, we've now teamed up with social wish list site Nuji to give you even more discounts. The whole thing is pretty simple, all you have to do is add us on Nuji and tag our products. Each time you tag a product...
- Photobook Dummy Award 2012
- 38 months ago · Art & Design · 1 Comment · 6863 Views
- As part of the International Photobook Festival 2012 photographers are being invited to present their currently unpublished book to a jury of experts. The best 50 books will then be exhibited as part of the festival in Paris. Those 50 will then be whittled down once again, and just...
- Tyler, The Creator Arrested For Vandalism
- 38 months ago · music · 4 Comments · 7350 Views
- Some more OFWGKTA news for you - their frontman Tyler, The Creator has been arrested once again, this time "on suspicion of vandalism." After a show at LA's Roxy, Tyler reportedly smashed up some equipment and punched a soundman.
- National Geographic Photo Contest 2011 Winners
- 38 months ago · Art & Design · 2 Comments · 8723 Views
- With the recent conclusion of the National Geographic's 2011 photo contest, the results have now been announced. With the competition continuing to grow in popularity year on year, 2011 saw over 20,000 photographs submitted....