- MUJI: Product Fitness 80
- Posted 36 months ago by Jack Lowe · Art & Design · 3778 Views
Minimalist Japanese retailers MUJI will soon be opening an exhibition at the London Design Museum which rethinks design and the way it affects energy use. Entitled Product Fitness 80, the show will poses the questions "What would happen if we used 20% less materials and energy in the actual process of making products?" and suggests how users can help, re-using and recycling products to reduce their energy consumption.
The exhibition opens 8 March and will run through 18 March, 2012.
If you still have a MUJI receipt lying around, take it to the exhibition and you can get in for free.
The Design Museum
- KAWS & Ikepod
- 36 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 2445 Views
- Led by their new Australian designer Marc Newson, Swiss watch label Ikepod have teamed up with artist KAWS to create a new version of their Horizon model. The revamped piece is made of solid titanium and has some bold and KAWS additions to the face.
- A.P.C. Fall/Winter 2012 Women's Collection
- 36 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 7509 Views
- For their women's Fall 2012 collection, A.P.C. took inspiration from much the same place as the men's range, keeping consistency within the brand. Louis Wong, the spokesperson for the design team, says they kept things close...
- Heston Blumenthal's Multi-Sensory Animation
- 36 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 6691 Views
- Creative studio The Neighbourhood have designed a unique booking experience for Heston Blumenthal's hugely popular (they received up to 10,000 reservation phone calls a day) restaurant The Fat Duck.
- A.P.C. Fall/Winter 2012 Collection
- 36 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 3608 Views
- Speaking about the latest collection, Louis Wong (a spokesperson for the design team) said that they decided to stay close to home, taking inspiration from the "traditional bourgeois but a bit arty" people that roam the streets near their showroom. While remaining decidedly French,...
- Hermes Make A $2 Million Bag
- 36 months ago · culture · 2 Comments · 7608 Views
- Hermes have just created a bracelet in the shape of their classic Kelly bag, covered it with gold crocodile scales and encrusted it with 1,160 diamonds, leaving them with a piece of jewellery worth a staggering $2 million (approx. £1.26 million). The Pierre Hardy designed bag comes...
- Kanye West Fall/Winter 2012 Collection
- 36 months ago · culture · 4 Comments · 7046 Views
- Kanye West's latest collection has been met with mixed (although mainly bad) reviews. The Fall/Winter 2012 collection revolves around black, white and tan and uses leather, fur and lace to create bondage-style collars and knee-length Matrix coats. It's been said the fashion world...
- Tennis Ball Sculpture
- 36 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 6007 Views
- A new art piece by Ana Soler named Causa-Efecto incorporates 2,000 tennis balls - each of which have been carefully hung from the ceiling to give the appearance of a single ball bouncing off every surface in the gallery (the Mustang Art Gallery in Alicante, Spain). Watch the video...