- Rumour: Apple TV Called iPanel
- Posted 26 months ago by staff · culture · 4045 Views
Jefferies analyst Peter Misek has said that Apple's rumoured-to-be-in-development Apple TV will not be called the iTV, but something more like iPanel, because the display will be "far more" than a normal TV set. "It is a display, gaming center, media hub, computer, home automator, etc," Misek told Barron's - the American financial news magazine.
iTV would also throw up problems with naming rights because of the UK TV channel ITV. The name iPanel is also owned by a company called Crestron however, but the product has been discontinued so there shouldn't be much of an issue acquiring the rights.
Misek believes the iPanel will be announced in May or June this year and will begin shipping towards October/November.
- American Apparel Ads Banned
- 26 months ago · culture · 7 Comments · 12305 Views
- American Apparel are certainly known for their provocative adverts, but apparently they've taken it too far with the "nude buttocks" in their latest series of eight ads. The UK's Advertising Standards Authority say they are too exploitative and pornographic. "We considered that in...
- Video: A Cloudy Cruise with PJ Ladd
- 26 months ago · culture · 5 Comments · 3696 Views
- Skater owned and run online shop Brick Harbor have released a short clip with one of their pros - the talented PJ Ladd. Here he's back in his hometown of Boston on a cloudy day, seamlessly skating some of the spots he hasn't visited in years. Watch below!
- Video: Liquipel - A Revolutionary Product
- 26 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 2365 Views
- A little while ago we posted about a potentially revolutionary new product which enabled pretty much anything to become waterproof. A new video produced by the people over at Gourmet Footwear (sneaker heads are particularly interested...
- Damien Hirst Retrospective, Tate Modern
- 26 months ago · Art & Design · 1 Comment · 6017 Views
- With Damien Hirst's retrospective now open at Tate Modern, we can have a proper look at what work has been exhibited and how the space has been used. The exhibition is the most intensive show of Damien Hirst's work in the UK, including over 70 pieces from the 20 years of his creative...
- Dominic Jones AW12 Jewellery Collection
- 26 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 6326 Views
- For his Autumn/Winter 2012 collection, jewellery designer of the moment Dominic Jones has taken inspiration from faraway lands, while choosing his muses and models from closer to home. "The look book is very English feeling with Jessica Brown-Findlay (Lady Sybil in Downtown Abbey)...