- Alex Prager: Compulsion
- Posted 29 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 4764 Views
Alex Prager, a photographer whose glossy commercial work often graces the pages of W and Vogue, has a new exhibition at Michael Hoppen Gallery in London. Named "Compulsion", the exhibition from features a number of images from the artist's series of the same name as well as a new short film, La Petite Mort.
Inspired by films such as Metropolis and Un Chien Andalou, Prager produces images reminiscent of Hollywood's golden age, putting her anonymous protagonists in wigs and introducing Pulp Fiction-style jackets to investigate the complexity of observation within our society.
The exhibition opened on 20 April and will be running through to 26 May, 2012.
Michael Hoppen Gallery
3 Jubilee Place
- Trailer: The Art of Rap
- 29 months ago · film · 1 Comment · 3198 Views
- In collaboration with Andy Baybutt, Ice-T has directed a new documentary feature film called "Something From Nothing: The Art of Rap". From the looks of the trailer, the film delves deep into the industry and takes us back to where it all started with stories from Common, Dr. Dre,...
- Video: Lana Del Rey - Carmen
- 29 months ago · music · 0 Comments · 4590 Views
- Singer Lana Del Rey has just released a video for the track "Carmen" from her debut album Born To Die. At this point it's unclear whether or not the video is "official" as in the past Del Rey has re-made videos after tweeting links to more home-made style ones, such as this. The...
- In-Stock: P.A.P. Accessories
- 29 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 2673 Views
- New to the HUH. Store comes a selection of beautiful handmade accessories from Swedish leather goods company P.A.P. The label work exclusively with small Swedish factories that have a long history of craftsmanship and integrity, following the Scandinavian tradition of respecting...
- The HemLoft
- 29 months ago · Art & Design · 5 Comments · 11078 Views
- The HemLoft is a small but beautiful egg-shaped house built out in the woods near Whistler in British Columbia, Canada. It was designed and built by a Canadian software developer-turned-carpenter who, evidently, decided he needed a peaceful retreat. He's kept the exact location of...
- Actress Spends Last Remaining Money On Billboard
- 29 months ago · film · 2 Comments · 5133 Views
- A 23-year-old woman named Racquel Bailey wants to be in a Tyler Perry (I Can Do Bad All by Myself, Diary of a Mad Black Woman) film so badly that she spent the "last money for the year" on a giant billboard advertising herself...