- Rare Extreme Wide-Angle Lens
- Posted 34 months ago by Jack Lowe · Art & Design · 10812 Views
This impressive piece of photography equipment is the Nikon Nikkor 6mm f/2.8 - a lens first produced in 1970 for the Photokina trade show in Cologne, Germany. At the time is was crowned the "world's most extreme angle lens" with the ability to shoot 220º on a 24x36mm.
Even when it became available to the general public in 1972, it was still only available to special order, so anyone who has a spare £100,000 will be glad to know that Gray's of Westmister have spent six months tracking down one of the lenses from overseas.
The lens is in mint condition, uses 12 glass elements in nine groups and weighs 5.2kg. It has a minimum focussing distance of 25cm and features a slip-on front lens cap and is delivered in a rugged metal case.
- Trailer: Mansome
- 34 months ago · film · 2 Comments · 7165 Views
- Produced by Will Arnett, Jason Bateman and Ben Silverman, Mansome is a new feature film by Morgan Spurlock which looks at "men's identity in the 21st century." In a world where the back, sack and crack is becoming commonplace, "models, actors, experts and comedians weigh in on what...
- How Will The iPhone 5 Look?
- 34 months ago · Art & Design · 11 Comments · 16833 Views
- With the new iPhone expected sometime this autumn, people are beginning to speculate about what the phone will actually look like this time around. News from Korea is indicating that an entirely new design will be introduced and that it will be made from all new materials - such...
- Video: The Man Who Quit Money
- 34 months ago · culture · 5 Comments · 8147 Views
- Twelve years ago Daniel Suelo decided to get his life savings together - $30 - lay them down in a phone booth, and live the rest of his life entirely without money in the Utah wilderness. Mark Sundeen, who speaks in the below video, has now written a book about this man who defied...
- Our Legacy Capsule Collection
- 34 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 7315 Views
- The Stockholm-based label Our Legacy have released a new lookbook for the mid-season capsule collection entitled "Splash". The series, which was shot by art director Tony Cederteg, continues to promote the brand's belief in simple garments made with high-quality fabrics and lots...
- Nicki Minaj Considers Quitting From Music
- 34 months ago · music · 10 Comments · 5477 Views
- A couple of days after deleting her Twitter account, Nicki Minaj has said that she is seriously considering quitting the music industry for good. The announcement came during an interview with Tim Westwood when she stated that...
- First Look: Pharrell Williams' Book
- 34 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 8328 Views
- Musician and fashion designer Pharrell Williams is releasing a book named "Pharrell: Places and Spaces I've Been" on 16 October this year through publishers Rizzoli. The book will essentially be a coffee table style publication which will feature conversations between Pharrell and...
- Derek Jeter's NYC Penthouse
- 34 months ago · Art & Design · 7 Comments · 11486 Views
- Now that American baseball player Derek Jeter has put his NYC penthouse back on the market, we're able to have a little sneak peek inside. The 5,425 sq ft Trump World Tower is now available for $17.95m, after it had no interest at $20m, but that's still a $5m increase on what he...