- Opening Ceremony Opening London Store
- Posted 26 months ago by staff · culture · 18423 Views
At the end of July, prior to the Olympics, Opening Ceremony will open a 3,000 sq ft pop-up store on Covent Garden's King Street. Kenzo and Rodarte will be amongst the designers stocked and Proenza Schouler and ChloŽ Sevigny will be developing a special range in honor of the Games. A collaboration collection with Topshop will also be launched.
"Bringing Opening Ceremony to Covent Garden is an important next step in the growth of our company," said Humberto Leon and Carol Lim - co-founders of Opening Ceremony - when speaking to WWD. "In the last 10 years since we first opened our doors on Howard Street in New York, Opening Ceremony has expanded to Los Angeles and Tokyo, but we have had our hearts set on London since the beginning. Covent Garden is an historic, global shopping destination and we're looking forward to what Opening Ceremony will add to its exciting future."
When the pop up closes, a permanent store will open a little further down the same street.
- Rare Extreme Wide-Angle Lens
- 26 months ago · Art & Design · 5 Comments · 7726 Views
- This impressive piece of photography equipment is the Nikon Nikkor 6mm f/2.8 - a lens first produced in 1970 for the Photokina trade show in Cologne, Germany. At the time is was crowned the "world's most extreme angle lens" with the ability to shoot 220ļ on a 24x36mm. Even when it...
- Trailer: Mansome
- 26 months ago · film · 2 Comments · 4563 Views
- Produced by Will Arnett, Jason Bateman and Ben Silverman, Mansome is a new feature film by Morgan Spurlock which looks at "men's identity in the 21st century." In a world where the back, sack and crack is becoming commonplace, "models, actors, experts and comedians weigh in on what...
- How Will The iPhone 5 Look?
- 26 months ago · Art & Design · 11 Comments · 12228 Views
- With the new iPhone expected sometime this autumn, people are beginning to speculate about what the phone will actually look like this time around. News from Korea is indicating that an entirely new design will be introduced and that it will be made from all new materials - such...
- Video: The Man Who Quit Money
- 26 months ago · culture · 5 Comments · 5253 Views
- Twelve years ago Daniel Suelo decided to get his life savings together - $30 - lay them down in a phone booth, and live the rest of his life entirely without money in the Utah wilderness. Mark Sundeen, who speaks in the below video, has now written a book about this man who defied...