- Opening Ceremony Opening London Store
- Posted 32 months ago by Jack Lowe · culture · 21590 Views
At the end of July, prior to the Olympics, Opening Ceremony will open a 3,000 sq ft pop-up store on Covent Garden's King Street. Kenzo and Rodarte will be amongst the designers stocked and Proenza Schouler and ChloŽ Sevigny will be developing a special range in honor of the Games. A collaboration collection with Topshop will also be launched.
"Bringing Opening Ceremony to Covent Garden is an important next step in the growth of our company," said Humberto Leon and Carol Lim - co-founders of Opening Ceremony - when speaking to WWD. "In the last 10 years since we first opened our doors on Howard Street in New York, Opening Ceremony has expanded to Los Angeles and Tokyo, but we have had our hearts set on London since the beginning. Covent Garden is an historic, global shopping destination and we're looking forward to what Opening Ceremony will add to its exciting future."
When the pop up closes, a permanent store will open a little further down the same street.
- Rare Extreme Wide-Angle Lens
- 32 months ago · Art & Design · 5 Comments · 10209 Views
- This impressive piece of photography equipment is the Nikon Nikkor 6mm f/2.8 - a lens first produced in 1970 for the Photokina trade show in Cologne, Germany. At the time is was crowned the "world's most extreme angle lens" with the ability to shoot 220ļ on a 24x36mm. Even when it...
- Trailer: Mansome
- 32 months ago · film · 2 Comments · 6673 Views
- Produced by Will Arnett, Jason Bateman and Ben Silverman, Mansome is a new feature film by Morgan Spurlock which looks at "men's identity in the 21st century." In a world where the back, sack and crack is becoming commonplace, "models, actors, experts and comedians weigh in on what...
- How Will The iPhone 5 Look?
- 32 months ago · Art & Design · 11 Comments · 16089 Views
- With the new iPhone expected sometime this autumn, people are beginning to speculate about what the phone will actually look like this time around. News from Korea is indicating that an entirely new design will be introduced and that it will be made from all new materials - such...
- Video: The Man Who Quit Money
- 32 months ago · culture · 5 Comments · 7602 Views
- Twelve years ago Daniel Suelo decided to get his life savings together - $30 - lay them down in a phone booth, and live the rest of his life entirely without money in the Utah wilderness. Mark Sundeen, who speaks in the below video, has now written a book about this man who defied...
- Our Legacy Capsule Collection
- 32 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 6708 Views
- The Stockholm-based label Our Legacy have released a new lookbook for the mid-season capsule collection entitled "Splash". The series, which was shot by art director Tony Cederteg, continues to promote the brand's belief in simple garments made with high-quality fabrics and lots...
- Nicki Minaj Considers Quitting From Music
- 32 months ago · music · 10 Comments · 5047 Views
- A couple of days after deleting her Twitter account, Nicki Minaj has said that she is seriously considering quitting the music industry for good. The announcement came during an interview with Tim Westwood when she stated that...
- First Look: Pharrell Williams' Book
- 32 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 7828 Views
- Musician and fashion designer Pharrell Williams is releasing a book named "Pharrell: Places and Spaces I've Been" on 16 October this year through publishers Rizzoli. The book will essentially be a coffee table style publication which will feature conversations between Pharrell and...