- The Serpentine Gallery's 12th Pavilion Commission
- Posted 23 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 1719 Views
The design will enable visitors to go beneath the Serpentine's lawn to explore the history of its previous Pavilions. Inside the cork clad room, there will be 11 columns to characterise the past designs and a final twelfth column which will support a floating platform roof 1.4 metres above ground.
Previous to this, the design team created the famous Beijing National Stadium (the Bird's Nest Stadium), which was built for the 2008 Olympic Games and received a lot of positive attention.
The pavilion will open 1 June, 2012.
- TUDOR Heritage Black Bay Watch
- 23 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 2906 Views
- To pay tribute to their rich 60-year-old history, TUDOR watches are introducing a brand new model to their Heritage line - The Heritage Black Bay. Building on a classic model from the 1950s, which was famously adopted by divers for its superior underwater capabilities, the Heritage...
- Interview: Ryan Hopkinson
- 23 months ago · Art & Design · 2 Comments · 5128 Views
- If you're anything like us, you will have noticed that British photographer Ryan Hopkinson has been receiving a huge amount of press this past year - and rightly so! With each new campaign or personal series, Hopkinson goes from strength to strength, employing new ideas and refining...
- Brad Pitt To Become The Face of Chanel Nš5
- 23 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 7238 Views
- The fashion world is abuzz with the news that actor Brad Pitt is going to become the new face of Chanel Nš5 - making him the first man to promote the perfume. A press release was sent out today confirming the earlier rumours,...
- Is This Apple's HDTV?
- 23 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 1889 Views
- Rumours about what Apple's upcoming HDTV might look like and what it will be able to do have been cropping up ever since Walter Isaacson released his Steve Jobs biography, but now Cult of Mac are reporting a source has seen a prototype. "According to our source, who has asked to...
- Real-Time Facebook Likes in Clothes Hangers
- 23 months ago · culture · 6 Comments · 4934 Views
- After deciding that customers asking their friend's for fashion advice isn't good enough, the Brazilian stores of fashion retailer C&A have introduced a system which allows the customer to see how many Facebook Likes each piece...