- Do-Ho Suh: Fallen Star
- Posted 30 months ago by Jack Lowe · Art & Design · 12016 Views
An exciting and extraordinary new project by the famous Korean artist Do-Ho Suh has just opened at San Diego's Jacobs School of Engineering. The precariously positioned house sculpture is a permanent addition to the building and has been seven years in the making, costing a total of $1.3 million in private donations.
The home has been positioned on the edge of the building to explore the theme of "home, cultural displacement, the perception of our surroundings, and how one constructs a memory of a space."
Source: Arrested Motion
- Ariel Pink Announce New Album
- 30 months ago · music · 0 Comments · 4861 Views
- LA-based band Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti have confirmed that their new album is going to be released on 21 August, 2012 (20 August for the UK) via 4AD. Named Mature Themes, the record is apparently what Ariel Rosenberg "wanted to make back when I made Before Today, but couldn't...
- Battersea Power Station Sold
- 30 months ago · culture · 2 Comments · 9680 Views
- One of London's most recognisable buildings - the defunct Battersea Power Station - has finally been sold. After going on the market for the first time back in February a buyer has decided to take it on, paying £400 million for the privilege. The power station was first built in...
- A.P.C. Resort Autumn 2013 Collection
- 30 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 2934 Views
- A.P.C. have released their 2013 Resort Collection, which is made up from t-shirts, classic fitting shirts, slim pants, and lightweight sweaters and outwear. As you might expect from the elegant Parisian label, each piece is minimally styled with block colours (mainly pastels) and...
- Nike Air Yeezy II's Auctioned for $90,000
- 30 months ago · culture · 3 Comments · 6510 Views
- It's been pretty hard not to notice that everyone is going crazy for the new Kanye West and Nike collaboration sneaker - the Air Yeezy II. Adding to the madness, someone had just paid $90,000 USD for a pair on eBay after an intense...
- Video: Stefan Janoski for Analog Clothing
- 30 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 4914 Views
- Pro skateboarder Stefan Janoski has filmed a super relaxed black & white clip for his sponsors Analog Clothing. The minute long clip gets straight to the point, with no background music and no sharp snappy editing, just nice...
- Listen: HUH. Carling Sound of Summer Track
- 30 months ago · music · 0 Comments · 4422 Views
- Following from our post about Carling's Sound of Summer campaign, the lager brand asked us if we would be interested in making our own mix. We're not ones to turn down a challenge so, despite being musically inept, we accepted....
- Video: HAROSHI - The Berrics BATB V Award
- 30 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 10776 Views
- If you're a skateboarder, The Berrics will need absolutely no introduction. If you're not - it's a website and private skatepark run by pro skateboarders Steve Berra and Eric Koston which has quickly become one of the most respected...