- Stay At The Clarion Hotel in Exchange for Art
- Posted 24 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 8981 Views
The Clarion Hotel in Sweden have announced that they will now be accepting artwork as payment for staying in one of their rooms. Their inspiration comes from the now closed Chelsea Hotel in New York, who had a similar agreement with well-known guests.
Speaking about the new payment system, the marketing manager Tess Mattisson said "It all started with the fact that our general manager's grandfather was an artist… He actually had some of his work hanging in the Chelsea Hotel, and now that their hotel has closed down, the manager was so inspired that our hotel will continue the tradition."
There is a catch however - you are only able to stay for two nights a year under this arrangement.
- Do-Ho Suh: Fallen Star
- 24 months ago · Art & Design · 7 Comments · 9320 Views
- An exciting and extraordinary new project by the famous Korean artist Do-Ho Suh has just opened at San Diego's Jacobs School of Engineering. The precariously positioned house sculpture is a permanent addition to the building and has been seven years in the making, costing a total...
- Ariel Pink Announce New Album
- 24 months ago · music · 0 Comments · 3012 Views
- LA-based band Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti have confirmed that their new album is going to be released on 21 August, 2012 (20 August for the UK) via 4AD. Named Mature Themes, the record is apparently what Ariel Rosenberg "wanted to make back when I made Before Today, but couldn't...
- Battersea Power Station Sold
- 24 months ago · culture · 2 Comments · 6388 Views
- One of London's most recognisable buildings - the defunct Battersea Power Station - has finally been sold. After going on the market for the first time back in February a buyer has decided to take it on, paying £400 million for the privilege. The power station was first built in...
- A.P.C. Resort Autumn 2013 Collection
- 24 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 2256 Views
- A.P.C. have released their 2013 Resort Collection, which is made up from t-shirts, classic fitting shirts, slim pants, and lightweight sweaters and outwear. As you might expect from the elegant Parisian label, each piece is minimally styled with block colours (mainly pastels) and...
- Nike Air Yeezy II's Auctioned for $90,000
- 24 months ago · culture · 3 Comments · 4358 Views
- It's been pretty hard not to notice that everyone is going crazy for the new Kanye West and Nike collaboration sneaker - the Air Yeezy II. Adding to the madness, someone had just paid $90,000 USD for a pair on eBay after an intense...