- Paper Passion by Steidl, Wallpaper* and Karl Lagerfeld
- Posted 22 months ago by staff · culture · 5460 Views
Four people with a shared love of books - Geza Schoen, Gerhard Steidl, Wallpaper* magazine, and Karl Lagerfeld - have joined together to create a new fragrance which smells like paper, explaining "the smell of a freshly printed book is the best smell in the world."
The idea for the perfume, named Paper Passion, began when Karl Lagerfeld alerted Gerhard Steidl to the importance of a book's smell. Wallpaper* magazine then came onboard too as the pairing between a publisher and a perfumer like Geza Schoen seemed natural. Speaking about the product, Steidl say:"Paper passion has evolved into something quite beautiful and unique. To wear the smell of a book is something very chic. Books are players in the intellectual world, but also in the world of luxury. Hidden inside the pages of a book, Paper Passion is accompanied by texts from Karl Lagerfeld, Günter Grass, Geza Schoen and Tony Chambers. 'You have a book, you open it, there’s a bottle inside and it smells of a book. It might be quirky, but the idea has a simplicity, a linearity.'"
Paper Passion will be available from Steidl in August 2012 for around £70 (approx. $115).
- Video: The Skatorialist
- 22 months ago · culture · 7 Comments · 4911 Views
- Taking photographer Sam Ashley's idea of the Skatorialist one step further, director Juffrie has created a short video starring skateboarder Firdaus Samsudin as a sharply dressed businessman in Singapore's Central Business District. With marble ledges, stairs and banks at every turn,...
- Video: Aaron Homoki for X Games Real Street 2012
- 22 months ago · culture · 2 Comments · 5177 Views
- Skateboarder Aaron Homoki, who had a Thrasher cover not so long ago, has submitted a ridiculous 60-second clip as part of the X Games Real Street competition. Homoki filled the minute long video with an onslaught of huge tricks...
- Listen: Azealia Banks - Aquababe
- 22 months ago · music · 5 Comments · 2051 Views
- As well as returning to Twitter, lyricist (not rapper!) Azealia Banks has released a new track called "Aquababe" which comes from the forthcoming album Fantasea (out 4 July, 2012) and was made with frequent collaborator Machinedrum. For someone who really doesn't want to be seen...
- Old Heads on New Bodies by Dorothee Golz
- 22 months ago · Art & Design · 5 Comments · 5463 Views
- Vienna-based artist Dorothee Golz has created a new series of digital paintings which sees heads from classic paintings, such as "Girl with a Pearl Earring" by Johannes Vermeer, placed on current day bodies. The series examines the changes (and similarities) in social structures...
- Opening Ceremony & adidas Originals Capsule Collection
- 22 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 6126 Views
- To celebrate the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games with style, Opening Ceremony have teamed up with adidas Originals to create a premium capsule collection. The playful range is almost completely unisex and draws inspiration from...