- Camp Woodward's New Snake Run
- Posted 27 months ago by staff · culture · 6822 Views
California Skateparks, the people behind the new design and construction of the new Street League courses, have just completed a dreamy new cement poured snake run for Camp Woodward skatepark in Pennsylvania.
Designed to mimic the sloping school yards and dried concrete waterways of south California, where skateboarding first began, the snake run stretched over 1,000 ft and features quarter pipes, gaps, ledges and rails.
Speaking about the project Woodward veteran Ron Kimler says that despite already spending 10,000 man hours constructing the run, they still see it as a work in progress and plan to add more features next year - "Maybe we need pocket here, lip there, berm here It'll get created, whatever's awesome."
- Video: DC - Where Eu At?
- 27 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 3978 Views
- Sady, Go Skateboarding Day has been completely ruined by the rain in London, but on the plus side DC have now made their first European feature length skate video - Where Eu At? - available to watch online. After two years of touring, full parts can now be watched for Antony Lopez,...
- Video: Gary Oldman Urges Sports Stars Not To Act
- 27 months ago · film · 2 Comments · 6949 Views
- British actor Gary Oldman, famous for his roles in films such as Leon (1994), The Fifth Element (1997) and more recently The Dark Knight (2008) made a strongly worded videa message on Jimmy Kimmel for sports stars to stop trying...
- Have £1,000 - Just For Being Good
- 27 months ago · culture · 9 Comments · 9231 Views
- Apologies for telling you about this after it happened, but yesterday a well-meaning millionaire was in London handing out gifts of £1,000 to people they thought looked worthy of a bit of extra money. In return, all they asked was that they did something good with it such as making...
- Listen: Purity Ring - Fineshrine
- 27 months ago · music · 0 Comments · 4213 Views
- Adding to their string of well-received singles, Canadian band Purity Ring have released a previously unheard melodic R&B track called "Fineshrine", which will feature on their upcoming LP Shrines, released through record label 4AD on 24 July, 2012. Take a listen below.
- Cement Bleak by Isaac Cordal
- 27 months ago · Art & Design · 2 Comments · 3425 Views
- "Cement Bleak" is an urban installation created by artist Isaac Cordal in 2009, using colanders to sculpt faces which are then projected onto the street surface in Dalston, London, using the pre-existing light. When Agenda Magazine asked Cordal about the increasing popularity of...