• Damien Hirst Donates Artwork To Burger King
  • Posted 34 months ago by Jack Lowe · Art & Design · 16688 Views
  • If you want to check out a Damien Hirst while you eat and you want something a little quicker and easier than The Tramshed, head over to the Burger King on Leicester Square, London, because the British artist has just donated an original spin painting to them.

The 2-meter wide painting is appropriately named "Beautiful Psychedelic Gherkin Exploding Tomato Sauce All Over Your Face, Flame Grilled Painting 2003" and has been put behind reinforced glass to stop people getting food on it. Speaking about the donation, Jo Blundell, Burger King UK Ltd Marketing Director for the UK and Ireland, said: "All of our new look restaurants will provide a more modern experience… In the case of Leicester Square, we've given Londoners and guests to the capital a little something extra to enjoy!"

• Wow his heart really IS in the right place. Who could need the donation more than bk?
    • Kan Posted 34 months ago · 38 Reply
    • Yeah right Kan... ...what the hell is all this about!??????
    • JJ Posted 34 months ago · 47
    • I reckon he's just done it as a joke. Look at the name of the painting.
    • T Posted 34 months ago · 41
    • Joke or not, this is crap.
    • Amanda Posted 34 months ago · 50 Reply
    • Why are you donating things to burger king? They're minted! This is the most absurd thing i've read this week. P.S. Please sponsor me in my 10k run to raise money for needy tory MPs.
    • DR. Foxtopus Posted 34 months ago · 35 Reply
    • yolo guuyyyysssss. I am not revealing my sexuality. im straight. Dr. Foxtopus, I love burger king, so i donate my flab/ cuddles/ rolls of joy! chicken Legend is beast. yolo
    • ocean Posted 34 months ago · 37 Reply
    • i work at Monsters INC. yolo< my bff is Sulli, he is a big cuddly smeeexy beast/ the bomb! Keep it real guys and just...smile and wave boys, smile and wave:*
    • Mike Wazouski Posted 34 months ago · 43 Reply