- The Most Viewed Photograph Ever
- Posted 27 months ago by Jack Lowe · Art & Design · 26897 Views
It may not be the most striking or impressive of images, but the most viewed photograph of all time is probably "Bliss" - a photograph by Charles O’Rear which was set as Microsoft Windows XP's default wallpaper for the "Luna" theme and is estimated to have been seen by an audience of 1 billion.
The photograph was taken by O'Rear (a former National Geographic photographer) while on a break from another assignment in California’s Napa Valley and was originally published back in 2002. O'Rear hasn't ever disclosed what Microsoft paid him for the rights to the image, but he has said it's an "extraordinary" amount.
Speaking to blog Mashable about the image, O'Rear said: "All the folks I talk with agree it is the most 'recognizable' photo ever. If it were shown to a villager in rural China, for example, good chance they would recognize it. If it were shown to astronauts on the ISS, good bet they would know it, too. I have seen it appear in photos of the White House situation room, the Kremlin, etc."
Image copyright: Microsoft
- I actually met the guy few years ago who took this pic, super nice guy! Our App features quite a few wineries around this area www.WineryFinderApp.com, after this post maybe we will mention it in our App so that people can stop for bragging rights and take a pic of their own.
- WineryFinderApp Posted 27 months ago · 37 Reply
- LIFE: World War II - Pictures We Remember
- 27 months ago · Art & Design · 3 Comments · 16475 Views
- For many, World War II was the biggest single event of their lives, transforming the world more than any other recorded conflict in history. "Cities were obliterated; national borders altered; revolutionary and, in some cases,...
- KENZO & Vans Authentic
- 27 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 6542 Views
- Japanese fashion label KENZO have joined forces with Vans once again, this time to give the Californian-brand's well-known Authentic model a bit of a make-over. The shoe comes in three different stripy colourways - yellow, black and white; green, yellow and white; or blue, yellow...
- Video: Hot Chip - Look At Where We Are
- 27 months ago · music · 0 Comments · 8182 Views
- Director Danny Perez - a filmmaker who frequently works with Animal Collective - has teamed up with the Creator's Project to created a weird, Frankenstein-esque video for Hot Chip's track "Look At Where We Are", which features on their latest album In Our Heads. Watch above!
- Lady Gaga Unveils Perfume Campaign
- 27 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 2560 Views
- Lady Gaga has once again caused a buzz, previewing her latest perfume campaign through her Twitter account. The image, shot by photographer Steven Klein, features Gaga nude with an army of tiny men crawling over her body to cover vital areas.
- Wes Anderson's New Film Called The Grand Budapest Hotel
- 27 months ago · film · 2 Comments · 12929 Views
- A few days ago we heard that director Wes Anderson was approaching a number of big name actors about his next project (such as Johnny Depp and Jude Law), well now a few more details about that project have been released. We now...