- Higgs Boson Discovery Announced in Comic Sans
- Posted 22 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 9110 Views
Much to the annoyance of graphic designers worldwide, the discovery of the Higgs boson particle - one of the most important scientific discoveries of the past decade - was announced using one of the most hated type-faces - Comic Sans.
As scientists celebrated, type designers expressed deep disappointment, rallying against the scientists who made such an important announcement in such a terrible font and saying that it was the "typographic equivalent of showing up to a board of directors meeting in flip-flops."
Many suspect that the font choice was made in order to make it easier for the "average human" to connect to the presentation and show and interest in what was being said - taking grandeur and snobbery away from the whole event. On many computers Comic Sans is the font most similar to the type you find in superhero comics, so it has also been said that the scientists at CERN might have used it to convey the sense of superhuman feat being achieved.
What do you think? Should they have been more formal for such an important announcement?
- Vans Authentic Native Embroidery
- 22 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 4983 Views
- Vans have given a new twist to their Californian collection by adding a "Native Embroidery" section to their popular Authentic model. Inspired by the Native American cultures of South America on the quarter panel, the model features a contrasting pig skin toe area and uses the colour...
- Adidas Originals & Jeremy Scott Collection Lookbook
- 22 months ago · culture · 3 Comments · 7848 Views
- As well as featuring in the NABIL-directed video, pink-haired model Charlotte Free also stars in the lookbook for Adidas and Jeremy Scott's second collection, made up from an assortment of brightly Harajuku-esque coloured toys,...
- HUF Hawaiian Print 5 Panels
- 22 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 6757 Views
- With the trend for floral and Hawaiian print 5-panel caps continuing to grow, San Francisco-based label HUF have introduced three new pieces to their summer line. Two of the caps feature a blossom print (one black and one cream), while the third features an old school surf print...
- American Apparel Interested In Making Russian Olympic Team Uniforms
- 22 months ago · culture · 2 Comments · 3845 Views
- According to the NY Post, American Apparel are pretty keen to start making Russia's team uniforms for the 2014 Olympic Games. The company are currently...
- Inside Look: Richard Kern's NYC Apartment
- 22 months ago · culture · 2 Comments · 5758 Views
- International interview magazine Freunde Von Freunden have provided us with a unique look inside the apartment of New York photographer Richard Kern, known for his risque shoots for GQ, Playboy, numerous porn mags, Purple Fashion...