• Lil Wayne To Focus on Skateboarding
  • Posted 22 months ago by staff · music · 8067 Views
  • Rapper and founder of record label Young Money Entertainment, Lil Wayne, has said that after the forthcoming release his mixtape Dedication 4 with DJ Drama, he's going to take a break from the rap game and focus entirely on his newly found love - skateboarding.

"I picked up the skateboard and I thought it'd be a hobby and what happened is it's a lifestyle. In order to be fully committed, you have to live that lifestyle. With these young kids now, you have to be about that life. It's kind of putting rap on the back burner. Rap is taking a backseat to skating. I think I deserve that. I think fans deserve a little to no Wayne. I've been everywhere. I've been out on everybody's song. My artists have been doing awesome. I believe my fans deserve some peace from me. I'll be on my skateboard in the meantime."

The news doesn't come as much of a surprise as Wayne is barely pictured any more without a skateboard under his arm. He also took some time out from his recent tour to regularly visit skateparks, including The Berrics.

www.lilwayne-online.com

• JEEZUS FUKN CHRIST. SKATEBOARDING IS BEING POISONED BY CLOWNS LIKE LITTLE WAYNE. STAY OFF THE BOARD MY MAN, AND STICK WITH MAKING TERRIBLE MUSIC. SAME GOES TO JUSTIN BIEBER.
    • THE DON Posted 22 months ago · 14
    • jeez chill out dude, it's all cool.
    • THE ANTI-DON Posted 22 months ago · -2
    • haha DON's life is over
    • Rob Posted 22 months ago · -12 Reply
    • I'm no fan of this guy but that's a smart move. When he finally dusts off the mic it'll be like Jay Z coming out of retirement.
    • seagulls Posted 22 months ago · -6 Reply
    • I hope he has massive success, if it results in no more albums
    • Sean Posted 22 months ago · 2 Reply
    • Let'm work, let'm live.
    • LP Posted 22 months ago · -10 Reply
    • Nick Posted 22 months ago · 17 Reply
    • that's wassssup
    • walf Posted 22 months ago · 23 Reply
    • this is awesome idk why all these idiots are complaining
    • dude Posted 22 months ago · 24 Reply
    • Hilarious. He's saying he wants to focus on a skateboarding lifestyle. As Hakim Bey puts it, "get a life, not a lifestyle."
    • Gronon Posted 21 months ago · 8 Reply
  • Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey
  • 22 months ago · culture · 3 Comments · 2937 Views
  • After more than a decade, Jack Daniel's are introducing a new addition to their family of whiskeys - the Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey. Crafted using their famous Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey mingled with a honey liqueur, the new drink offers a taste that is "authentically Jack and...
  • Ghostbusters 3 Going Ahead Without Bill Murray
  • 22 months ago · film · 3 Comments · 2891 Views
  • Despite Bill Murray turning down the chance to be in Ghostbusters 3, writer Dan Aykroyd has confirmed that the film will still be going ahead. Murray originally turned down the offer because he said the script just wasn't up...
  • Motoi Yamamoto
  • 22 months ago · Art & Design · 1 Comment · 5949 Views
  • Art and design blog Booooooom.com have pointed us in the direction of an incredible Japanese artist named Motoi Yamamoto who creates breathtakingly complex maze and bubble-like patterns using carefully poured lines of salt. Yamamoto's work has taken him all over the globe, exhibiting...
  • Submission Sunday
  • 22 months ago · Art & Design · 5 Comments · 8010 Views
  • Olivia Locher is a 21-year-old photographer born "in the woods on Johnstown, Pennsylvania" who currently lives and works in Manhattan. According to the short biography on her website, her work is "grounded in dreamlands and consciousness, while Olivia herself is generally dreaming."