• Lil Wayne To Focus on Skateboarding
  • Posted 38 months ago by Jack Lowe · music · 16824 Views
  • Rapper and founder of record label Young Money Entertainment, Lil Wayne, has said that after the forthcoming release his mixtape Dedication 4 with DJ Drama, he's going to take a break from the rap game and focus entirely on his newly found love - skateboarding.

"I picked up the skateboard and I thought it'd be a hobby and what happened is it's a lifestyle. In order to be fully committed, you have to live that lifestyle. With these young kids now, you have to be about that life. It's kind of putting rap on the back burner. Rap is taking a backseat to skating. I think I deserve that. I think fans deserve a little to no Wayne. I've been everywhere. I've been out on everybody's song. My artists have been doing awesome. I believe my fans deserve some peace from me. I'll be on my skateboard in the meantime."

The news doesn't come as much of a surprise as Wayne is barely pictured any more without a skateboard under his arm. He also took some time out from his recent tour to regularly visit skateparks, including The Berrics.

www.lilwayne-online.com

• JEEZUS FUKN CHRIST. SKATEBOARDING IS BEING POISONED BY CLOWNS LIKE LITTLE WAYNE. STAY OFF THE BOARD MY MAN, AND STICK WITH MAKING TERRIBLE MUSIC. SAME GOES TO JUSTIN BIEBER.
    • THE DON Posted 38 months ago · 132
    • jeez chill out dude, it's all cool.
    • THE ANTI-DON Posted 38 months ago · 108
    • haha DON's life is over
    • Rob Posted 38 months ago · 90 Reply
    • I'm no fan of this guy but that's a smart move. When he finally dusts off the mic it'll be like Jay Z coming out of retirement.
    • seagulls Posted 38 months ago · 94 Reply
    • I hope he has massive success, if it results in no more albums
    • Sean Posted 38 months ago · 110 Reply
    • Let'm work, let'm live.
    • LP Posted 38 months ago · 94 Reply
    • Nick Posted 38 months ago · 124 Reply
    • that's wassssup
    • walf Posted 38 months ago · 121 Reply
    • this is awesome idk why all these idiots are complaining
    • dude Posted 38 months ago · 140 Reply
    • Hilarious. He's saying he wants to focus on a skateboarding lifestyle. As Hakim Bey puts it, "get a life, not a lifestyle."
    • Gronon Posted 38 months ago · 116 Reply