• Lil Wayne To Focus on Skateboarding
  • Posted 28 months ago by Jack Lowe · music · 11647 Views
  • Rapper and founder of record label Young Money Entertainment, Lil Wayne, has said that after the forthcoming release his mixtape Dedication 4 with DJ Drama, he's going to take a break from the rap game and focus entirely on his newly found love - skateboarding.

"I picked up the skateboard and I thought it'd be a hobby and what happened is it's a lifestyle. In order to be fully committed, you have to live that lifestyle. With these young kids now, you have to be about that life. It's kind of putting rap on the back burner. Rap is taking a backseat to skating. I think I deserve that. I think fans deserve a little to no Wayne. I've been everywhere. I've been out on everybody's song. My artists have been doing awesome. I believe my fans deserve some peace from me. I'll be on my skateboard in the meantime."

The news doesn't come as much of a surprise as Wayne is barely pictured any more without a skateboard under his arm. He also took some time out from his recent tour to regularly visit skateparks, including The Berrics.

www.lilwayne-online.com

• JEEZUS FUKN CHRIST. SKATEBOARDING IS BEING POISONED BY CLOWNS LIKE LITTLE WAYNE. STAY OFF THE BOARD MY MAN, AND STICK WITH MAKING TERRIBLE MUSIC. SAME GOES TO JUSTIN BIEBER.
    • THE DON Posted 28 months ago · 47
    • jeez chill out dude, it's all cool.
    • THE ANTI-DON Posted 28 months ago · 31
    • haha DON's life is over
    • Rob Posted 28 months ago · 20 Reply
    • I'm no fan of this guy but that's a smart move. When he finally dusts off the mic it'll be like Jay Z coming out of retirement.
    • seagulls Posted 28 months ago · 23 Reply
    • I hope he has massive success, if it results in no more albums
    • Sean Posted 28 months ago · 37 Reply
    • Let'm work, let'm live.
    • LP Posted 28 months ago · 24 Reply
    • Nick Posted 28 months ago · 50 Reply
    • that's wassssup
    • walf Posted 28 months ago · 67 Reply
    • this is awesome idk why all these idiots are complaining
    • dude Posted 28 months ago · 60 Reply
    • Hilarious. He's saying he wants to focus on a skateboarding lifestyle. As Hakim Bey puts it, "get a life, not a lifestyle."
    • Gronon Posted 28 months ago · 40 Reply
  • Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey
  • 28 months ago · culture · 3 Comments · 4689 Views
  • After more than a decade, Jack Daniel's are introducing a new addition to their family of whiskeys - the Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey. Crafted using their famous Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey mingled with a honey liqueur, the new drink offers a taste that is "authentically Jack and...
  • Ghostbusters 3 Going Ahead Without Bill Murray
  • 28 months ago · film · 3 Comments · 5761 Views
  • Despite Bill Murray turning down the chance to be in Ghostbusters 3, writer Dan Aykroyd has confirmed that the film will still be going ahead. Murray originally turned down the offer because he said the script just wasn't up...
  • Motoi Yamamoto
  • 28 months ago · Art & Design · 1 Comment · 8328 Views
  • Art and design blog Booooooom.com have pointed us in the direction of an incredible Japanese artist named Motoi Yamamoto who creates breathtakingly complex maze and bubble-like patterns using carefully poured lines of salt. Yamamoto's work has taken him all over the globe, exhibiting...
  • Submission Sunday
  • 28 months ago · Art & Design · 5 Comments · 10553 Views
  • Olivia Locher is a 21-year-old photographer born "in the woods on Johnstown, Pennsylvania" who currently lives and works in Manhattan. According to the short biography on her website, her work is "grounded in dreamlands and consciousness, while Olivia herself is generally dreaming."
  • The Paparazzo Light iPhone Accessory
  • 28 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 7149 Views
  • The Paparazzo Light is a simple new iPhone accessory that gives your photos and videos the right amount of light, meaning that you no longer need to take grainy, washed out photos or resort to the built-in yellow hued flash. Using a 300 Lumen LED, the Paparazzo packs a professional...
  • Louis Vuitton Metal Lace-Up Shoes
  • 28 months ago · culture · 2 Comments · 13585 Views
  • French luxury brand Louis Vuitton have stepped away from the norm for their latest men's ready to wear collection, adding these metal infused lace-up shoes in three different colour-ways. Featuring metal detailing on the side panels and toe box, these are definitely not to everyone's...
  • Ridley Scott Planning Prometheus Sequel
  • 28 months ago · film · 2 Comments · 6123 Views
  • Despite the end of Prometheus linking quite nicely to te beginning of Alien (it is the prequel after all), Ridley Scott is apparently keen to produce a follow up to the recent film. After receiving endless hype, the film didn't quite live up to expectations in many critics eyes,...