- The Gourmand Issue Nş00
- Posted 20 months ago by staff · culture · 6128 Views
For a long time there have been food magazines and for a long time there have been art magazines, but rarely have people managed to combine these two interests successfully into one publication. The Gourmand set out to do exactly that, calling themselves "a food and culture journal" inspired by the recent influx of new restaurants, bars, cafe’s, stalls and ingredients that are increasingly available to us. "The Gourmand was born as a means to share this exciting cultural shift and to celebrate food as a catalyst for creativity."
Inside the first issue (issue 00) you'll find an evening with David Shrigley (illustrated by the artist himself), a tour of Brixton Market by Dazed & Confused editor Rod Stanley, photographs of crocodile fishing in Australia, and a look at artist Jeff Koon's apple dumpling recipe.
You can pick up the issue from our online store now for £9 (+P&P).
- Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey
- 20 months ago · culture · 3 Comments · 2779 Views
- After more than a decade, Jack Daniel's are introducing a new addition to their family of whiskeys - the Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey. Crafted using their famous Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey mingled with a honey liqueur, the new drink offers a taste that is "authentically Jack and...
- Trailer: This Is 40
- 20 months ago · film · 0 Comments · 2277 Views
- Acting as a "sort of sequel to Knocked Up", This Is 40 is a new feature film starring Paul Rudd, Jason Segel, Megan Fox and Lena Dunham which follows up on the lives of Pete and Debbie a few years after the events of the first film. Release date is currently set for 14 February,...
- Miniature Tree Carved From McDonalds Bag
- 20 months ago · Art & Design · 3 Comments · 6943 Views
- A new piece of work from the talented Japanese artist Yuken Teruya sees a McDonalds Olympic takeaway bag turned into a rather magnificent miniature tree sculpture called "Notice-Forest: What Victory Tastes Like/ London." Teruya has become known for his intricate artworks, usually...
- Video: Ryan McGinley for Edun AW12
- 20 months ago · Art & Design · 2 Comments · 3912 Views
- In follow up to their campaign shot by Ryan McGinley, ethical lifestyle brand Edun have now premiered a complementary film through DazedDigital featuring a barn owl, peregrine falcon and other birds of prey interacting with models Grace Bol, Miles McMillan and Zen Sevastyanova. Speaking...
- New Music Playlist Vol. 5
- 20 months ago · music · 1 Comment · 5715 Views
- The fifth instalment of our New Music Playlist brought to you by our friends, and music editor's blog, Neighborhood Tapes. Ten new tracks this month including big hitters Holy Other, Holy Strays and Jensen Sportag's remix of Grimes & Blood Diamonds 'Phone Sex'. Alongside them are...