- Beck Releases New Album Only As Sheet Music
- Posted 25 months ago by staff · music · 7721 Views
As an "experiment in what an album can be at the end of 2012", musician Beck has teamed up with McSweeney's Publishing to release his new album "Song Reader" in the form of twenty individual pieces of sheet music, all of which have never before been released or recorded.
Each piece of music comes complete with a "heyday-of-home-play-inspired" art and a lavishly produced hardcover carrying case. "The songs here are as unfailingly exciting as you’d expect from their author, but if you want to hear 'Do We? We Do,' or 'Don’t Act Like Your Heart Isn’t Hard,' bringing them to life depends on you."
What do you think about Beck's decision - boring and unnecessary, or genius?
- I can read music and I definitely want to record this. From a publishing perspective, there's nothing stopping an artist to record his music. The artist would merely have to pay royalties for licensing the music. I might even give a shot to the first pages I can see on his website. If y'all wanna hear it I'll be posting it here: https://www.facebook.com/0phe1ia
- Debs Posted 25 months ago · 6 Reply
- I think there are a lot of reasons why. The largest is publicity. It will also make seeing him in concert more interesting since it's the only time to hear the songs actually performed by Beck. I'm also curious to watch how the songs spread through social media/youtube and see how people interpret them.
- Atelier Posted 25 months ago · -1 Reply
- Yes, that is exactly the point. Before recording technology was invented this WAS the only way you could hear an artist's songs. Ironically, artists may be forced to go back to this method of performing since everyone seems to think that paying for an artist's recorded music is beneath them anymore.
- Joe Posted 19 months ago · 5 Reply
- Usain Bolt Steals Camera And Takes Photos
- 25 months ago · culture · 16 Comments · 28672 Views
- As you may have seen the other night, after winning the 200m race at the London 2012 Olympics, Jamaican Usain Bolt went up to a random press photographer (circled in red below) and demanded for him to hand over his equipment....
- August Playlist
- 25 months ago · music · 10 Comments · 8706 Views
- Bringing in the lovely month of August we have some wonderful tracks from the likes of The xx, Slime, How To Dress Well, Animal Collective, Tame Impala, Jessie Ware and more… Additionally, we've taken notice of all your comments and decided to re-create all the previous month's...
- Video: Lakai - A Good Day's Catch
- 25 months ago · culture · 2 Comments · 5421 Views
- Skate footwear label Lakai, part of the Girl family, have released a new commercial featuring pro rider Marc Johnson at his home in the middle of nowhere. The one-and-a-half minute ad shows us how his latest signature shoe is really made - so if you don't know now you know! Check...
- Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey
- 25 months ago · culture · 3 Comments · 3555 Views
- After more than a decade, Jack Daniel's are introducing a new addition to their family of whiskeys - the Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey. Crafted using their famous Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey mingled with a honey liqueur, the new drink offers a taste that is "authentically Jack and...
- Italian Restaurant Located In Sea Cave
- 25 months ago · Art & Design · 3 Comments · 9568 Views
- A natural limestone secluded cave on the coast of Southern Italy, which has visited for hundreds of years, has now been transformed into an exclusive hotel featuring an Italian restaurant. While the twenty room hotel resides on the cliff tops, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and...