- Frank Gehry To Design New Facebook Offices
- Posted 26 months ago by Jack Lowe · Art & Design · 11517 Views
The legendary 83-year-old architect Frank Gehry has been recruited by Facebook to design a new 420,000 sq ft office complex across the street from their current campus in Palo Alto, California. Named Facebook West, the new building will be built as one large room to "aid the rapid formation of teams devoted to enhancing the social networking company's products." Speaking about the project to Bloomberg, Gehry said "Mark wanted to be in the same room with all his engineers… I told him we could put the building up on stilts, park cars underneath and create a room as large as he wanted."
Of course, no dotcom company's office is complete without an extensive selection of arcade games and a well-landscaped roof garden fully equipped with a "getaway garden" serving sushi and barbecue. The company haven't yet disclosed the cost of the project, which is set to be completed in 2015, but say it is consistent with the local office-park norm.
- This Week's Music Reviews
- 26 months ago · music · 0 Comments · 4954 Views
- Considering the lack of music reviews on our website the last couple of months we might as well call this "This Year's Music Reviews". Yes, we missed out on giving our opinion on new classics like "Channel Orange" and "Born To Die" but no worries, we've regained our judgmental spirit...
- Norse Projects 5 Panel Caps
- 26 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 3039 Views
- New for Autumn/Winter 2012, Danish label Norse Projects have introduced some strong examples of their popular 5 panel caps in both suede, cord, and wool. Branding is featured on the front of the vintage-style wool baseball cap, while the cord models feature a contrasting brim and...
- Prada Levitate Wingtip
- 26 months ago · culture · 10 Comments · 7854 Views
- For Autumn/Winter 2012, Prada have released a variation of the classic wingtip brogue, adding a transparent air cushion sole which we would normally associate with shoes like the Nike AirMax 360. The move comes soon after fashion label Cole Haan received a lot of press for their...
- Chalet C7
- 26 months ago · Art & Design · 1 Comment · 4560 Views
- Located near Mount Aconcagua, 2900m above sea level in the Andes, Chalet C7 is an open-plan ski lodge designed by architects Nicolás del Rio and Max Núñez. To minimise interference to the view, the chalet has been tucked away into the side of the mountain with only a small part remaining...
- Azealia Banks & MAC Lipstick
- 26 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 5794 Views
- Azealia Banks has teamed up with make-up company MAC to release her own lipstick shades named "Yung Rapunzel" after her alter-ego. The colour is described "a deep plum, cream lipstick with an amplified, semi-matte finish" and will retail for $15 (approx. £9.50). If you want to pick...