- Bonhams To Hold Rare Leica Auction
- Posted 18 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 6100 Views
Bonhams - one of the largest auction houses for fine art and antiques - will soon be holding an auction for some of the world's most prestigious and rare Leica cameras. There will be around 250 pieces available, supplied by a select group of collectors including the estate of late Dr. George Daniels and Henri Cartier-Bresson. An item everyone has their eye on is the eica Luxus I No. 48048 which dates back to 1930 and features a 50mm f/3.5 Elmar lens and faux lizard-skin camera body covering. Even at the time only 95 were produced, so as you might expect not many exist today. As such, the camera is expected to fetch between $1,200,000 - 1,800,000 HKD (approximately $154,736 - $232,104 USD).
The auction will take place at Bonhams Hong Kong location, but if you want to take a look the pieces will be on show at the Knightsbridge location in London between 21 - 24 October, 2012.
- British Film Institute To Launch BFIPlayer
- 18 months ago · film · 0 Comments · 3005 Views
- The British Film Institute have announced plans to create an internet video player which will launch in 2013 and will hold up to 10,000 digitalised films from their vast archives by 2017. Speaking about the decision, the organisation's...
- Video: Dennis Busenitz - Pushing San Francisco
- 18 months ago · culture · 2 Comments · 3631 Views
- Continuing REAL Skateboards' video series entitled Pushing, pro team rider Dennis Busenitz took his board back to his hometown of San Francisco to cruise the streets he learnt his craft on. Then series was started not only to...
- Listen: SBTRKT - Terminal
- 18 months ago · music · 0 Comments · 4003 Views
- SBTRKT - the producer from south London who released a critically acclaimed debut album not so long ago - has released a brand new track through his Twitter account. Entitled "Terminal", the track is typically dance-inspired and contains the same melody his fans will know and love....
- Video: Pharrell Williams Relaunches ICECREAM Skate Team
- 18 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 4690 Views
- To re-launch his ICECREAM skate team, Pharrell Williams has released a promo video introducing handpicked new members Andre Beverley, Emmet Duffy, Jamel Marshall and Stephan Martinez at their best. Speaking about the video, Williams...
- Video: Kidult - Visual Dictatorship
- 18 months ago · Art & Design · 1 Comment · 4139 Views
- Kidult - the graffiti artist best-known for vandalising the store fronts of Christian Louboutin in Paris or Marc Jacobs in New York - has released a new short video entitled Visual Dictatorship. Beginning with various big brand logos placed in front of footage of slums and war, the...