- Rain Room by Random International
- Posted 28 months ago by Jack Lowe · Art & Design · 13339 Views
If there's one thing England is known for it's the terrible weather, so it's rather fitting that The Barbican have just unveiled the Rain Room installation in The Curve space. The intriguing commission was produced by contemporary art studio Random International and allows visitors to walk through it while staying entirely dry. As you enter, 3D depth cameras pick up on your presence and turn off the water jets above your head as you move through the 100 sqm space.
This is certainly one of the most interesting installations to have arrived at The Barbican and, as well as being free, it's on for a whole five months so you have no excuse not to make it down if you're in the area.
Images: Felix Clay/Oli Scarff
- Lacoste Essential Design Collection
- 28 months ago · style · 0 Comments · 4295 Views
- To bring in Autumn/Winter 2012, iconic French label Lacoste have released a collection of classic footwear named "Lacoste Essential Design" (LED) which fuses the essence of the brand with purity and simplicity of design. Inspired by legendary designers such as Eames, Jacobsen, Charlotte...
- Submission Sunday
- 28 months ago · Art & Design · 4 Comments · 7172 Views
- To mix things up a little bit this Sunday, we decided to let our Facebook fans pick the winner by voting for their favourite submission through the "Like" function. The person with the most "Likes" at the of the day was Johannes Böttge, a photographer currently living and working...
- Philippe Starck's Special Edition Louis Ghost Chair
- 28 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 7435 Views
- To celebrate the 10th anniversary of designer Philippe Starck's famous Louis Ghost Chair, a special edition has been produced featuring Starck's trademark signature laser engraved in black on the center back of the chair. Since...
- North Face Purple Label & Liberty of London Jackets
- 28 months ago · style · 3 Comments · 8665 Views
- Liberty of London, a store who are constantly impressing us with their ability to stay fresh and up-to-date, have teamed up with the more creative arm of North Face - Purple Label - to create brightly coloured floral print versions...
- Mark Rothko Painting Vandalised at Tate Modern
- 28 months ago · Art & Design · 7 Comments · 11609 Views
- Today the Tate Modern in London was temporarily shut down after someone defaced a Mark Rothko Seagram mural, tagging it with black paint. A similar Rothko painting called "Orange, red, yellow" was recently sold at Christie's...
- Saint Laurent SS13 Skinny Collection
- 28 months ago · style · 1 Comment · 7625 Views
- Following from the unveiling of Hedi Slimane's debut collection for Saint Laurent, the brand have now released a lookbook for the new Skinny collection. Modelled by Gryphon O’Shea, the range's aim is to offer something a little more casual than the flagship collection, with...
- Video: 55DSL - Beyond Mountains, More Mountains
- 28 months ago · film · 1 Comment · 13871 Views
- In follow up to the trailer, we can now show you the full Beyond Mountains, More Mountains film made by collective CANADA for 55DSL in conjunction with VICE. The film is a post-modern love story telling the tale of a young couple...
- New Arrivals: Still Good
- 28 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 6612 Views
- Our online store has just taken its first delivery of goods from young Parisian label Still Good. Having worked for brands such as Kitsuné and Dries Van Noten, founder Clement Taverniti decided to take a step out into the world on his own and set up his own label. Focusing on quality...