• Supreme Are Working On A Basquiat Collection
  • Posted 43 months ago by Jack Lowe · style · 50024 Views
  • Artestar - an "international brand licensing and consulting company" who have the Basquiat estate among its clients - are reporting that the rights to use Basquiat's imagery have been granted to Supreme. The streetwear brand are apparently currently working on a line of Jean-Michel Basquiat t-shirts, sweatshirts, button-downs and hats that will be released in Spring/Summer 2013. Previous brands to use Basquiat's artwork include Reebok, Valentino, and Uniqlo.

www.artestar.com

• way to ruin basquiat for me
    • tom Posted 43 months ago · 178 Reply
    • This is either going to be so great or so shit.
    • chachas Posted 43 months ago · 166 Reply
    • Excited for this collection of Supreme gear!
    • Masando Posted 43 months ago · 200 Reply
    • should be illegal...
    • mikey Posted 43 months ago · 191 Reply
    • Baskwat was a twat.
    • Ploppi Posted 43 months ago · 207 Reply
    • let jean rest in peace for fucks sake! ugh! can't believe they gave rights to a shit brand like supreme! or any brand for that matter! its bad enough people tried to take advantage of jean when he was alive but now that he's dead it still goes on! SMDH, capitalism has just got to die some day...
    • alex Posted 43 months ago · 213 Reply
    • JMB was a capitalist with heart. Read. Think.
    • HER Posted 41 months ago · 192 Reply
    • Got to be a way to stop this! Completely ruining his work and purpose of creating! Exploiting an amazing artists work! Let him rest in peace! Find someone else to make a quick buck off! Keith harring and obey all over again!
    • Nickcastillon Posted 41 months ago · 200 Reply
    • I don't know why you guys can only see this as supreme taking advantage of jean. I see this as a proper way to commemorate his life work. Most of the younger people don't know who he is. So if supreme releases this collection people will look him up and his work will spread.
    • Pvblo Posted 39 months ago · 169 Reply
    • "I don't know why you guys can only see this as supreme taking advantage of jean. I see this as a proper way to commemorate his life work. Most of the younger people don't know who he is. So if supreme releases this collection people will look him up and his work will spread." .... Wishful thinking. Sad thing is kids these days, buy the gear and do not look up the artists work. I work in a store that sold the Obey x Keith Haring colab and when I tried to make conversation with her about him / ask if she liked Haring's work, she looked at me blankly and said..."What do you mean? It's just a t-shirt". Then laughed in my face. I love Basquiat and hope this does bring his work to a wider audience, but the "yoof" of today really do not care. They just stamp their feet until Mummy will fork the money out for the stuff, so they can try impress their mates while they snort cider and eat crack, or whatever it is they do. Think the drop will look good though!
    • - Posted 39 months ago · 197 Reply
    • They should let him rest to be honest. The industry fucked him up, yet it's still going on after he's gone. Sorry for the change in mood, but the last thing I want to see is a bunch of swag-fags wearing Basquiat on them. If I see someone wearing a Basquiat fitted cap, Basquiat T-shirt, saggy tight jeans and Jordan's, I'll ball my eyes out.
    • Eager Posted 36 months ago · 186 Reply