- 2012 Wildlife Photographer of the Year Winners Announced
- Posted 17 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 7148 Views
A few days ago the winners of the 2012 Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest, which is run by the Natural History Museum and BBC Worldwide, were announced. In total 48,000 images were submitted from 98 different countries to a panel of judges, who then had the strenuous task of whittling these down to a final 100 for the exhibition. Paul Nicklen was also picked as the ultimate winner (top image) for his depiction of penguins underwater. The exhibition is on now at the Natural History Museum in London and will be running through to March 2013.
Natural History Museum
Image: Paul Nicklen
Images: Jasper Doest
Images: Larry Lynch
Image: Richard Peters
Image: Sergey Gorshkov
Image: Cristóbal Serrano
Image: Anna Henly
Image: Kim Wolhuter
Image: Adam Gibbs
- Video: Paul Rodriguez Life Episode 1
- 17 months ago · culture · 2 Comments · 3266 Views
- Network_A - a channel who focus on surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding, and BMXing - have released the first episode of a new series called "Paul Rodriguez Life", which aims to give us an insight into important aspects of the pro skateboarder's life. Focussing on the importance...
- Video: A Slice of Life with Stevie Perez
- 17 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 3036 Views
- In the lead up to the release of the next Girl/Chocolate skate video Pretty Sweet, they've teamed up with VICE to release a new teaser as part of the Pretty Sweet Tuesday series. This time we get to see a day in the life of young skateboarder Stevie Perez, perhaps the most unknown...
- Moneygami Origami
- 17 months ago · Art & Design · 4 Comments · 11694 Views
- Japanese graphic designer and origami expert Yosuke Hasegawa has combined both his talents to turn notes from various currencies into depictions of the world leaders and important historical figures wearing various different hats. According to the artist, he wanted "to make people...
- Apple Unveil iPad Mini
- 17 months ago · Art & Design · 2 Comments · 3180 Views
- After the circulation of many rumours, Apple have finally unveiled the iPad Mini. Weighing in at just 0.68 pounds and featuring a 7.9" LED backlit display, the smaller version of Apple's hugely popular product has a 1024 x 768 resolution and is powered by a Dual-Core A5 chip (the...
- Busan Opera House
- 17 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 3597 Views
- The international architecture film Snohetta have won the competition to design the Busan Opera House in South Korea. Comprised of two subtly contrasting curves, the design was based around the Korean philosophy of Kun (Heaven) meeting Kon (Earth) meeting Kam (water). Inside, the...