- Electron Microscope Photography Contest
- Posted 22 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 9626 Views
Electron microscope manufacturer FEI recently partnered up with National Geographic for a photography contest in which all images must have been taken with with an electron microscope, allowing audiences to "discover unseen aspects of their everyday lives". The contest, entitled Explore The Unseen, ran for five months and during that time more than 230 images were submitted, which you can now browse here.
Top image: Embryonic zebrafish by David McCarthy
Aphid on a Leaf by Karin Whitmore
Mosquito Egg by Francisco Rangel
Pre-Solar Grain from a Meteorite by Zia Rahman
A Morpho Butterfly Wing by Gerald Poirier
A "Water Bear" by Oliver Meckes
Nano Swimmers by David McCarthy
- Video: Nike SB Australia - China Trip
- 22 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 4354 Views
- Nike SB have just released another impressive short clip featuring Australian skateboarders Shane O'Neill, Alex Campbell and Nick Boserio riding around China on a 15-day trip. In the 4-minute-long clip, they visit some interesting spots in Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Shanghai....
- Hue Wireless Lightbulb by Philips
- 22 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 5558 Views
- To stop that WiFi enabled lightbulb we posted about taking away some of their market share, electronics giant Philips have come out with Hue, a wireless LED lightbulb that is controllable via an app and can display different tones of white light - from warm yellow white to vibrant...
- Trailer: I Am Benga
- 22 months ago · music · 0 Comments · 4283 Views
- I Am Benga is a new six-part series from Red Bull Studios London which will give us a unique look into the life of Benga - one of the UK's biggest electronic music superstars. Kicking off with a look at his early life in Croydon, South London, the series goes on to examine the emergence...
- Dank Issue Nš4
- 22 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 2351 Views
- Norwegian skateboard magazine Dank have just released their fourth issue, featuring a interview with Dylan Rieder, an article by Jai Tanju on "inspiration, mental health, being conquered by the digital age, and the power of printed matter", and a piece by Dan Watson on the difference...
- Camper Kremer Collection
- 22 months ago · style · 1 Comment · 2882 Views
- As you may have noticed, Camper's latest Autumn/Winter 2012 campaign reveals how their latest collection was inspired by different objects, pairing dark brown shoes from The Kremer Collection alongside things like chocolate cake. Now, the label want to know what comes to your mind...