- On Space Time Foam
- Posted 17 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 5259 Views
Arts blog designboom recently met with Spanish artist Tomās Saraceno to discuss a new piece of work he has on display at the Hangar Bicocca in Milan, Italy. Named "On Space Time Foam", the artwork is made from multiple layers of translucent PVC membranes suspended 24 meters above the ground. The piece continues Saraceno's "interest in the desire to create self-sufficient aerial structures that can be inhabited by people with a low environmental impact," and creates a symbiotic relationship between structure and user, in which "one cannot survive without the other for the concept to truly function."
The exhibition will be running through to 3 February, 2012.
- Bichos Lamp Series by Martinho Pita
- 17 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 3370 Views
- Bichos (a Portuguese word which means "creatures") is a new series of lamps from Portugese architect Martinho Pita made using discarded Portuguese holly tree branches. Due to the nature of the process, each lamp is unique, but has been selected and crafted by Pita to appear like...
- Video: Paul Rodriguez Life Episode 1 Part II
- 17 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 3131 Views
- The second part of Paul Rodriguez Life Episode One has now been released, focussing on the pro skateboarder's family and the important part they've played in his career and personal life. After visiting his childhood home in...
- Electron Microscope Photography Contest
- 17 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 7137 Views
- Electron microscope manufacturer FEI recently partnered up with National Geographic for a photography contest in which all images must have been taken with with an electron microscope, allowing audiences to "discover unseen aspects of their everyday lives". The contest, entitled...
- Video: Nike SB Australia - China Trip
- 17 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 3049 Views
- Nike SB have just released another impressive short clip featuring Australian skateboarders Shane O'Neill, Alex Campbell and Nick Boserio riding around China on a 15-day trip. In the 4-minute-long clip, they visit some interesting spots in Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Shanghai....
- Hue Wireless Lightbulb by Philips
- 17 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 4090 Views
- To stop that WiFi enabled lightbulb we posted about taking away some of their market share, electronics giant Philips have come out with Hue, a wireless LED lightbulb that is controllable via an app and can display different tones of white light - from warm yellow white to vibrant...