- Pop-Up Housing For London's Homeless
- Posted 21 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 7104 Views
HAWSE (Homes through Apprenticeships With Skills for Employment) and Levitt Bernstein architects have come up with a proposal to turn unused garages in London into temporary living spaces for the homeless. The project was specially developed for the London borough of Hackney, who are currently developing it into a pilot scheme.
Each house would cost roughly £13,000 to construct, with most of the parts being made off site and then fitted by homeless construction apprentices. Rent would be just £50 per month, plus utilities.
At the moment, the idea is to use the garages underneath council flats, but because this may be quite off putting for some local residents the council are stressing that this is just a temporary measure, intended as a stepping stone for the inhabitants to allow them to move on to a more permanent place.
- Competition: Cat Footwear Celebrate Their Heritage With The Bryant
- 20 months ago · style · 0 Comments · 10649 Views
- Born in 1904, the Caterpillar brand have developed an iconic presence, becoming known worldwide for their hardwearing and durable footwear. To celebrate...
- Video: Musical Corner Shop with Red Stripe
- 21 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 8129 Views
- As part of a new campaign, Red Stripe transformed a local Dalston corner store into one giant all-singing, all-dancing musical instrument. Directed by award-winning director Greg Brunkalla, with instruments by creative technologists...
- Video: R.E.M. - Blue (Directed by James Franco)
- 21 months ago · music · 7 Comments · 7301 Views
- Renaissance man James Franco has just completed the visuals for R.E.M.'s track "Blue", which sees footage of Lindsay Lohan spliced with handheld clips filmed around Los Angeles. The footage of Lohan is from a shoot with Terry...
- Nike Air Force 1 Popsicle Mold
- 21 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 4972 Views
- While developing their innovative Lunarlon sole 30 years ago, Nike designers from the Innovation Kitchen department discovered that they could increase stability in the mold by freezing it. This turned out to be a key part of the sole's creation, so to celebrate Nike have immortalised...
- Lomography Gold Edition Cameras
- 21 months ago · style · 0 Comments · 1394 Views
- Following from the release of the Champagne Edition cameras in celebration of their 20 year anniversary, Lomography have unveiled these Gold Edition models just in time for Christmas. The Diana Baby Camera & Lens 110 and Fisheye Baby 110 both join the Fisheye No. 2, Diana F+, and...