- Kidult Tags Maison Martin Margiela
- Posted 31 months ago by Jack Lowe · Art & Design · 27591 Views
Looks like the Parisian graffiti artist Kidult has done his thing again, this time tagging the Maison Marin Margiela store in Belgium and writing "OUR MISERY NOT YOUR'S." Prior to this, Kidult reached the headlines for tagging the Hermes, Louis Vuitton and, most recently, Marc Jacobs stores, causing a lot of debate about whether this was art, mindless vandalism, or even the brand themselves paying Kidult to do it to gain press. Speaking about what he does, Kidult said:"All these retail outlets have once used graffiti as a commercial tool to get more money and be 'cool' without knowing anything about the culture. I didn't simply say 'hello' to them. If they really like graffiti, I just gave them what they love."
Photo: Sarah De Wée
- he says he hates all the hype around "big brands" like martin margiela, its a shame because fashion is just as much an art form as graffiti. he should appreciate the good parts and slag off the bad parts, theres no need to attack EVERYONE. hes clueless. what a pillock!!!
- joe Posted 31 months ago · 62
- Funny how somes are trying to get some decency out of self expression here. Also why most of commenters are so eager for giving definitions without having any clue of what is really going on here. On a final note, I think whoever tagged over the wall wrote "love our misery not your's".
- faterate Posted 31 months ago · 88 Reply