- Sense Enhancing Cutlery by Jinhyun Jeon
- Posted 16 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 4365 Views
When it comes to cutlery, most of us think the designs are pretty perfect already, functioning exactly as you would want at meal time, but Jinhyun Jeon felt there was some room for improvement. After graduating from the Design Academy Eindhoven in the Netherlands, Jeon set about exploring the relationship between food and our all five of our senses.
By changing the shape, texture and colour of the stainless steel, silver and plastic utensils, Jeon has caused a "sensory cross-wiring" which can even cause the user to have an increased appetite. "The tools I created make us focus on each bite, feel the enriched textures or enhanced chewing sounds between bites," she told Dezeen. "If we can stretch the borders of what tableware can do, the eating experience can be enriched."
- Competition: Cat Footwear Celebrate Their Heritage With The Bryant
- 15 months ago · style · 0 Comments · 8885 Views
- Born in 1904, the Caterpillar brand have developed an iconic presence, becoming known worldwide for their hardwearing and durable footwear. To celebrate...
- Video: Musical Corner Shop with Red Stripe
- 16 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 6524 Views
- As part of a new campaign, Red Stripe transformed a local Dalston corner store into one giant all-singing, all-dancing musical instrument. Directed by award-winning director Greg Brunkalla, with instruments by creative technologists...
- The Travel Almanac Issue Nš4
- 16 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 3939 Views
- Continuing to produce compelling, enduring content, The Travel Almanac have released issue four of their A5 publication, featuring contributions from and conversations with Harmony Korine, Heinz Emigholz, Kalup Linzy, Lynn Davis, Rudy Wurlitzer, and Walter van Beirendonck. The remaining...
- Competition: Impossible Polaroid 636 Camera Kit
- 16 months ago · Art & Design · 1 Comment · 5058 Views
- In 2008, ten passionate and experienced Polaroid employees teamed together to save the last Polaroid production plant, rescuing analog instant photography from extinction by producing various unique instant films. Four years...
- Teaser: Lady Gaga - Cake Part II by Terry Richardson
- 16 months ago · music · 0 Comments · 4522 Views
- In follow up to the first teaser, a second has been released for the upcoming video for Lady Gaga's track "Cake", which will be directed by New York photographer Terry Richardson. First we had ass slapping and writhing around,...