- AFP Pictures of the Year 2012
- Posted 21 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 64643 Views
With the year closing down, major news agency Agence France Press (AFP) have compiled a list of the most impactful photographs of the year. Covering natural disasters, revolutionary politics, and mankind's technological progress, the images come from all over the world and give us a quick rundown of the biggest news stories from the eventful twelve months. Take a look at a selection below.
Top image: Crowds gather in China's Henan province to watch water gush from the Xiaolangdi dam to clear up the Yellow river and prevent localised flooding.
New taxi cabs in a flooded New Jersey car park following from Hurricane Sandy.
An exile from Tibet, Jamphel Yeshi, sets himself on fire in New Delhi during protest against an upcoming visit to India by Chinese President Hu Jintao.
A Dutch resident looks out of his house at the floods, which covered about a quarter of the country.
US President Barack Obama does press-ups while playing basketball on the South Lawn of The White House.
A Pakistani worker begins to strip the outer structure of a beached vessel.
People gather around a crater caused by an Israeli air strike on the al-Dallu family’s home in Gaza City.
Francois Hollande of the French Socialist party receives a flour bomb to the face while signing a pact on the French housing crisis.
Cruise liner Costa Concordia sinking after in front of the harbor of Isola del Giglio after hitting underwater rocks.
72-year-old Chandra Bahadur Dangi, the world's shortest man at just 56 cm in height, on his way to meet Guinness World Records experts who awarded him the world title.
A missile launch by the Israeli military, designed to intercept and destroy incoming rockets and shells.
Two women kiss in front of people demonstrating against gay marriage and adoption by same-sex couples in Marseille, France.
Space shuttle Enterprise, mounted atop a NASA 747 Shuttle Carrier Aircraft, flying through New York.
Police in China's Shandong province help to remove a car from the sea after the owner parked it on the beach to watch waves caused by Typhoon Bolaven.
- Mark. Get out there and use YOUR talent, effort, and skill, to create your own images that YOU can give away as freebies. These photographers most likely earn their living from their images. If you want bigger - buy 'em. Of course if you don't have any talent or skill, no doubt it's difficult to appreciate those that have.
- Billius Posted 21 months ago · 14 Reply
- Competition: Cat Footwear Celebrate Their Heritage With The Bryant
- 21 months ago · style · 0 Comments · 10737 Views
- Born in 1904, the Caterpillar brand have developed an iconic presence, becoming known worldwide for their hardwearing and durable footwear. To celebrate...
- Interno Franciscio
- 21 months ago · Art & Design · 1 Comment · 7021 Views
- Designed by Gianluca Fanetti of Italian practice Studio Fanetti in 2010, Interno Franciscio is a house described as the meeting of rustic and contemporary. Featuring a wood interior structure, antique iron beams, and large stone slabs, the house has a special warmth to it while remaining...
- Band Of Outsiders Boy Pre-Fall 2013
- 21 months ago · style · 0 Comments · 7719 Views
- Inspired by the famous Lightning Field installation by artist Walter De Maria - which consists of 400 stainless steel poles arranged in a rectangular 1 mile by 1 kilometre grid in New Mexico - fashion label Band of Outsiders have created a pre-fall 2013 collection feature Aztec and...
- A.P.C. and Apartamento Colouring Books
- 21 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 6266 Views
- In collaboration with Spanish interiors magazine Apartamento, A.P.C. have released three new limited edition colouring books for children as part of a new series. The pack comes with one of each book, each one illustrated by a different artist - Reg Mombassa, Geoff McFetridge and...
- Video: Burberry - Against The Elements
- 21 months ago · style · 0 Comments · 10582 Views
- Iconic British fashion house Burberry have released a new short entitled Against The Elements. Starring British models Sebastian Brice and Cara Delevingne, the video demonstrates the label's renowned trench coat's ability to keep the wearer dry no matter what the weather, depicting...