- Submission Sunday
- Posted 30 months ago by Jack Lowe · Art & Design · 53882 Views
Dania Shihab is an Iraq-born photographer who now lives and works in Barcelona. After becoming exhausted working as a medical doctor, Shihab picked up a camera as a way of releasing some of her creative energy. "Most of the time photography for me is trying to capture a little bit of magic, a fleeting moment, an unrepeatable gesture but I fluctuate between someone who wants to seize spontaneity and humour and someone who wants to create an image," she says. The result is a portfolio featuring a huge variety of styles and subjects, each brilliant in their own way.
To submit your work, like us on Facebook. Each Sunday we will ask you to submit a link to your portfolio.
- Not sure how in any way this rips Tim Barber. The top image is amazing and i love the light and shadows in the ping pong photo. these images show so much diversity with the eerie long lanscape. The one of the man on the beach isn't just nostalgic but actually looks like an image from eras ago. Pessimists don't judge unless you have something better to show that isn't apparently "ripping" someone else. Guarantee someone can find a small similarity of most images / brands / ideas.
- Ray Cook Posted 30 months ago · 72 Reply
- Such simple moments captured just in time...Thats the power of photography. I really enjoy the perspective in these pictures, I feel like I was there to share that microsecond that everything seemed in it's right place! And The milky water in the bathtub offsets the glistening fish scales and girl, disturbingly beautiful ...
- Saschveen Posted 30 months ago · 70 Reply
- Dania's vision is original and inspiring. I've seen most of her photographs and these are just the tip of the ice berg. There is emotion, artistry and narrative behind all of her work. Glad to see her featured here! See the rest here: http://www.daniashihab.com/
- Audrey Posted 30 months ago · 80 Reply