- Submission Sunday
- Posted 4 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 6469 Views
After studying at the London College of Fashion and London College of Communication, Dalston-based Vicki King now works as a freelance photographer pulling inspiration from the Renaissance masters to create vibrant, colourful, and warm images that capture gentle and intimate moments.
To submit your work, like us on Facebook. Each Sunday we will ask you to submit a link to your portfolio.
- Agreed, the shots are easy and boring, with the exception of the girl eating the fig. I find nothing about the rest of them intimate or compelling. They're basic minimally styled fashion shots, at best. That being said, the use of natural light is pretty good, but I'd love for HUH to feature photographers whose work can actually be described as artful once in a while.
- JFK Posted 4 months ago · -1 Reply
- the first 5 are really nice but the rest are pretty ordinary. Perhaps this is more to do with the images selected than the photographer's ability because there are some beautiful and much more original images on her site. It's a shame to see negative comments as this is clearly not a great moral booster for the photographer - imagine the excitement of being selected for a feature by HUH, just to read all the negativity at the foot of the page... But i do feel that the work shown on submissions sunday is often pretty ordinary (but perhaps it's just the best of an ordinary lot?) As one poster said, 'looks just like the rest of the attractive, soft photos coming out of young photographers today' - paraphrasing, its basically fine but not grabbing my attention for more than a split second.
- Nick Posted 4 months ago · 2 Reply