- National Geographic 2012 Photos of the Year Winners
- Posted 15 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 11447 Views
National Geographic have now announced the winners and viewer's choice winners for their 2012 Photos of the Year contest. Covering three main topics - Nature, People and Places. As one of the leaders in "capturing our world through brilliant imagery," the National Geographic received well over 22,000 entires to the competition from over 150 countries. These images were then judged on "creativity and photographic quality" by a panel of experts comprised of natural history photographer Christian Ziegler and documentary photographers Gerd Ludwig and Debbie Fleming Caffery.
The image above of the Indochinese Tigress was taken by Ashley Vincent, who was award the Grand Prize of $10,000 as well as a trip to the National Geographic headquarters in Washington, D.C., to participate in the annual National Geographic Photography Seminar in January 2013.
Take a look at winners below and see the honourable mentions here.
Photo: Nenad Saljic
Photo: Sanjeev Bhor
Photo: Adam Coish
Photo: Micah Albert
Photo: Kai-Otto Melau
- Trailer: Downloaded
- 15 months ago · film · 2 Comments · 4700 Views
- Directed by British actor Alex Winter (best known for his role as Bill S. Preston, Esq in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure), Downloaded is a new documentary charting the unprecedented success of controversial music download program Napster. the film explores the founders of the company...
- Video: Carhartt WIP SS13 Preview
- 15 months ago · style · 0 Comments · 4150 Views
- A new video from the forward-thinking Carhartt division Carhartt Work In Progress showcases what we can expect from the upcoming Spring/Summer 2013 collection, which will be hitting retail shelves this month. The video features a range of simple pieces which have been adapted from...
- David Bowie Releases New Track After 10 Years
- 15 months ago · music · 3 Comments · 5206 Views
- After almost a decade of musical silence, iconic musician David Bowie has released a new track entitled "Where Are We Now?" which will be followed up with a new album. The track was recorded in New York on Bowie's 66th birthday...
- Submission Sunday
- 15 months ago · Art & Design · 15 Comments · 9710 Views
- After studying at the London College of Fashion and London College of Communication, Dalston-based Vicki King now works as a freelance photographer pulling inspiration from the Renaissance masters to create vibrant, colourful, and warm images that capture gentle and intimate moments.