- Juergen Teller: Woo
- Posted 19 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 10315 Views
On 23 January, 2013, famed photographer Juergen Teller will be opening his latest exhibition at London's ICA. Entitled Woo, the show will provide a seamless journey through his landmark fashion and commercial photography from the 90s, "presenting classic images of celebrities such as Lily Cole, Kate Moss and Vivienne Westwood, as well as more recent landscapes and family portraits."
As well as his photographs, the exhibition will also feature letters of complaint Teller received for his controversial weekly column in Die Zeit magazine, where he was given free creative reign.
Woo will run through to 17 March, 2013.
- I mean, I don't agree with the huge statement that poor Adam made. But I now a lot of photographers, I personally know a quite a few, who take pictures as valuable in quality and meaning as these ones. But they won't be exhibiting their work at ICA. It doesn't make me feel good thinking that the name of an artist can be more valuable than the quality of his/her art, either in craft or in meaning. I don't know about you, as this is just my personal opinion.
- I agree. Posted 19 months ago · 12 Reply
- Trailer: The Pirate Bay
- 19 months ago · film · 3 Comments · 5574 Views
- TPB AFK (The Pirate Bay Away From Keyboard) is a new documentary from director Simon Klose about the founders of the popular file sharing site The Pirate Bay. The film delves into the legal battle between Hollywood and founders Gottfrid Svartholm and Peter Sunde, as well as the political...
- Submission Sunday
- 19 months ago · Art & Design · 5 Comments · 6383 Views
- Candian-born Jeff Ladouceur is an internationally exhibited self-taught artist who divides his time between New York and Vancouver, BC. As well as currently working on a new book of surreal, absurd, and funny ink and graphite drawings, Ladouceur is also developing an upcoming solo...
- The Gourmand Issue Nš1
- 19 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 4818 Views
- With almost twice as many pages as Issue 00, the second issue of London-based bi-annual The Gourmand delves into the world of food whole-heartedly, examining various means of taking pleasure in what you eat. Inside, you'll find a discussion with chef and restauranteur Mark Hix about...
- 2013 Oscar Nominees
- 19 months ago · film · 2 Comments · 4904 Views
- The nominees for the 2013 Academy Awards were announced in Los Angeles today, with Steven Spielberg's biopic Lincoln taking the top spot by collecting 12 nominations. Emma Stone and Seth McFarlane (this year's Oscar host) made the announcement ahead of the ceremony, which will take...
- OD-11: The World's First Cloud Speaker
- 19 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 4724 Views
- Stockholm-based Teenage Engineering have re-engineered the iconic 1974 Carlsson OD-11 loudspeaker by Stig Carlsson, turning it into the world's first Cloud speaker. Aimed at a new generation of Cloud users, the 10" x 10" speaker offers the option to play music straight from the cloud...