- Andy Warhol: Early Works
- Posted 21 months ago by Jack Lowe · Art & Design · 6864 Views
Now open at Denmark's Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, "Andy Warhol: Early Works" presents around 300 previously unseen artworks by the groundbreaking pop artist. The drawings date back to the 1950s and were all uncovered by German gallery owner Daniel Blau when he was granted access to Warhol's posthumous estate. Untouched since 1990, the minimal sketches demonstrate Warhol's keen eye and draw inspiration from the world of which he was himself a part of in his early youth, when he worked as a draughtsman and illustrator in the advertising and fashion industry.
The exhibition will run through 21 February, 2013.
- American Airlines Unveil New Logo
- 21 months ago · Art & Design · 10 Comments · 9479 Views
- American Airlines have unveiled a brand new simplified logo designed for them by consultancy FutureBrand. The newly painted aircraft will be a pale silver with red and blue stripes on the tail fin to evoke the American flag. According to BusinessWeek, the designer of the old logo...
- The Silence Room at Selfridges
- 21 months ago · Art & Design · 6 Comments · 13816 Views
- London department store Selfridges have now opened The Silence Room - a concept originally dreamed up by founder Gordon Selfridge in 1909 which, until now, hadn't come to fruition. Designed by Alex Cochrane Architects, the ground floor space is part of their No Noise campaign and...
- Video: Raindrops
- 21 months ago · Art & Design · 5 Comments · 7332 Views
- Directors Lamar High and Nik Harper (who together make up LAMAR+NIK) have added to the plethora of slow-motion skate clips with a new short featuring skateboarders Clint Walker, Jimmy Young, Daniel Yeager, Nick Owen, Ely Saavendra, and more. Entitled Raindrops, the video was shot...
- Inside Adobe's Utah Campus
- 21 months ago · Art & Design · 2 Comments · 6897 Views
- Award-winning design firm Rapt Studio have produced a short film showing us the interior design commission for computer software company Adobe. As company's like Facebook, Google, and Pixar have proved, for your team to be as productive and innovative as possible they need to be...