• Inside Designer Rick Owens' House
  • Posted 36 months ago by Jack Lowe · Art & Design · 48350 Views
  • Contemporary high-end fashion designer Rick Owens recently allowed The Wall Street Journal to have a snoop around his extremely stripped back Parisian home. Prior to Owens taking over the building in 2004, it was an abandoned office which had been empty for 20 years, complete with old office cubicles and insulation tiles. "I think it was too daunting for most people to take on—not too many people would do it the way we did," said Owens when speaking to WSJ. Adding "Clothes are supposed to be about experience—the damage, the patina, accepting it and enjoying it, making it part of life. We all get impatient when things are too prim." Could you imagine living in a place like this?

Read the full WSJ article here.

• definitely cool, would love to see what he did with the kitchen
    • alex Posted 36 months ago · 220
    • I think pic 2 is the kitchen... sadly.
    • Rob Posted 36 months ago · 240
    • I'd wager that's the dining room
    • Alex Posted 36 months ago · 221 Reply
    • well. ok.
    • nfn Posted 36 months ago · 255 Reply
    • Super cheap to heat I imagine...
    • JM Posted 36 months ago · 229
    • You despicable pragmatist.
    • Bodnar Posted 36 months ago · 255 Reply
    • Looks like a squat. Guess the dude's hard up for cash.
    • Rick Posted 36 months ago · 257 Reply
    • Just love the freedom of no clutter, what you see is clean and clear and natural, simple and peaceful. The home is a space to be lived in , there is calm. , I am a HUGE FAN of simple yet functional. I love wearing his clothing, one sees the person, the clothing doesn't detract from who the person is. Thank you Mr and Mrs Rick Owens for designing clothing that has style, is strong yet feminine, suits my lifestyle and character. I own a boutique and feel extremely privileged to stock your incredible style. Thank you.
    • Kelly Sutherland Posted 36 months ago · 180 Reply
    • Not cool.
    • Julio Posted 36 months ago · 194 Reply
    • Why not live in a effing cave? This is ridiculous.
    • hunglikejesus Posted 36 months ago · 221 Reply
    • i didn't really expect something else but have to admit that i'm totally into it.
    • ahlice Posted 36 months ago · 217 Reply