- MARFA JOURNAL Issue Nº1
- Posted 11 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 6959 Views
MARFA JOURNAL is a new publication "created by artists for artists" to connect contemporary high end fashion and art. The magazine's overriding concept is inspired by the small desert town of Marfa, TX, which has attracted the art world since the 1960s and continues to be a "capital of cultural disorder" despite only having a population of 2,000.
Premiering with a bang, the debut issue comes in two different covers (the orange one features Erik Brunetti shot by Victor Saldana, the red one features The Total Princess cast shot by Alexandra Gordienko) and is split into six sections (raw, casual, decadent, romantic, obscure, and progressive) to accomodate conversations with influential and acclaimed artists, photographers, musicians and actors. Amongst them are Jeffrey Deitch, Odd Future, Tim Barber, Skye Parrott, Lindsay Lohan, Erik Brunetti, Karley Sciortino, Robi Rodriguez, and Rachel Korine.
MARFA JOURNAL Issue 1 is available now from our online store for £12 (approx. $18 USD).
- Ceramic Speaker Controlled by Your Smartphone's Movements
- 11 months ago · tech · 0 Comments · 2854 Views
- Combing screen-based and object-based design, London-based product designer Victor Johansson has come up with a home speaker that can be controlled by...
- Rumour: Apple's iOS To Have A Design Overhaul
- 11 months ago · tech · 8 Comments · 7376 Views
- Sources speaking to Apple news outlet 9to5Mac have unveiled that the new iPhone and iPad operating system, iOS 7, will have a completely revamped design. Apparently Apple are ditching all the complex textures in favour of a design...
- Études Books Blue Books Series
- 11 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 4017 Views
- The publishing arm of French label Études - Études Books - have introduced a new series of photography books aptly named "Blue Books". Covered in a classic Études blue fabric cover, the books feature the photographic work of Daniel Everett, Nicolai Howalt, Nicolas Hosteing, Bryan...
- Leica Tease At New Mini Camera
- 11 months ago · tech · 0 Comments · 4290 Views
- Venerable camera brand Leica have teased us with the news that a new product called the Mini M will be released on 11 June, 2013, without giving us any further specs. The announcement was made through the Facebook page and website, with a image depicting the Mini M as a black box...
- Listen: Disclosure - When A Fire Starts To Burn
- 12 months ago · music · 2 Comments · 5307 Views
- As the release of their debut album draws ever closer, British electronic duo Disclosure have revealed a new track from the album called "When a Fire Starts to Burn". The song offers something a little funkier than their previous...