- Apple Trademark iWatch in Japan
- Posted 10 months ago by staff · tech · 13082 Views
According to a new report from Bloomberg, Apple applied for an "iWatch" trademark in Japan earlier last month, categorising it as a "handheld computer or watch." This is the first official hint that Apple has a new gadget in the works, which will most likely take the form of a watch.
If released, the wrist-computer will be the first new product from Apple in the post Steve Jobs era and would be a big move towards "wearable computing." The field has been relatively unexplored by major companies thus far and Apple are known for being the first to expand in new market areas, so a watch device does seem highly likely. It has also been predicted that, although currently a small market, wearable tech could generate as much as $1.5bn in revenue in 2014. Analyst Nitin Bhas predicts that the iWatch will enable users to instantly pay for shopping, carry digital airline and concert tickets, and act as a health tracker in a similar way to Nike's Fuelband.
Image: A prediction of what the iWatch may look like.
- Jayson seems, in this case, to be referring to the iWatch, referenced in the article above. Take another look. Also, it could be argued that Jayson is not looking for a literal price, he may have simply made a statement. The statement could be something like "wow! that looks like a big waste of time and money." Hope this helps.
- jobs Posted 10 months ago · 32
- Video: The House of Peroni
- 10 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 3928 Views
- Today, premium Italian lager brand Peroni Nastro Azzurro has launched The House of Peroni - a project which aims to celebrate the "new wave of visionaries defining contemporary Italian culture." Creatives from the fields of design, art, fashion, photography, film, music, food and...
- Listen: London Grammar - Strong
- 10 months ago · music · 4 Comments · 4709 Views
- In follow up to their previous single release, British band London Grammar have a new track available to stream from their forthcoming debut album. The song follows in the footsteps of "Wasting My Young Years", "Metal & Dust" and "Hey Now" and debuted on Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 show...
- Fliike - A Facebook Fan Counter
- 10 months ago · tech · 2 Comments · 6472 Views
- Want to publicly showoff about how many fans your Facebook Page has? French startup Smiirl have just the thing - a new gadget called Fliike which lets you display a live count of your fans wherever you want. Unlike much of the virtual-to-physical bridging technology available, Smiirl...
- Video: San Francisco Timelapse
- 10 months ago · Art & Design · 1 Comment · 6547 Views
- If you're into timelapse videos of landscapes, we've got just the thing for you. California-based photographer Simon Christen spent two years capturing footage for this four-and-a-half minute video, which he describes as a "love letter to the fog of the San Francisco Bay Area." According...
- Apple Hires Former Yves Saint Laurent CEO
- 10 months ago · tech · 0 Comments · 4263 Views
- As the rumours around the release of an Apple watch continue to grow, the tech giant have hired Paul Deneve - the former CEO of Yves Saint Laurent - to head up their "special project" department. Seeing as Deneve has an impressive...