- Video: Ashton Kutcher On Portraying Steve Jobs
- Posted 13 months ago by Jack Lowe · @jacklowe · film · 6986 Views
Joshua Topolsky from technology and culture blog The Verge recently sat down with actor and investor Ashton Kutcher to talk about his portrayal of iconic Apple co-founder Steve Jobs in the upcoming biopic, as well as his love hate relationship with Twitter.
Speaking about the challenge of portraying Jobs on-screen, Kutcher said: "It terrified me, and most of the great things I've been able to accomplish in my life were things that terrified me." Luckily, many of his friends had worked with Jobs and were able to give him some unique insights into what the man was like, both inside and outside the office. "I almost felt compelled to defensively play the role," Kutcher said. "I want to make sure it's protected. Even if I screw it up and totally bomb it, I love that guy. I love that guy. I'd rather have someone that cared about him screw it up than someone who didn't."
Jobs is due for release on 16 August in the US. A UK release date is yet to be announced.
- Roy Roger's Autumn/Winter 2013 Collection
- 13 months ago · style · 0 Comments · 9644 Views
- Italian label Roy Roger's has presented their Autumn/Winter 2013 collection - inspired by the relaxed American college styles from the 1950s. Using recovered materials from their archives, as well as found objects such as a postcard...
- Listen: AlunaGeorge - Body Music (Full Album Stream)
- 13 months ago · music · 3 Comments · 7384 Views
- London-based duo AlunaGeorge have made their debut album Body Music available to stream in full through Soundcloud. The chilled out R&B album is one of the year's most anticipated debut releases due to the success of tracks like...
- Is This The "iPhone Lite"?
- 13 months ago · tech · 4 Comments · 14744 Views
- A rather convincing full 1080p HD video has been released showcasing what is supposedly the casing of the "iPhone lite". Rumours have been circulating for a while now that Apple are working on a cheaper version of the current iPhone in an attempt to increase their smartphone market...
- WeSC Fern Leaf Capsule Collection
- 13 months ago · style · 2 Comments · 18514 Views
- Founded in 2003, Swedish skate-inspired label WeSC (We Are The Superlative Conspiracy) have gone on to great success, expanding internationally while maintaining a high level of quality across the range. As part of their Autumn/Winter 2013 collection, the brand have introduced a...
- The World's Most Beautiful Libraries
- 13 months ago · culture · 47 Comments · 559909 Views
- Freelance journalist Jill Harness has put together a list of the 62 most beautiful libraries in the world for Mental Floss. After collecting images of these grand buildings over the years, Harness decided that the Trinity College Library in Dublin, Ireland, was deserving of the top...