Luxury fashion retailer MyTheresa launches print magazine

Following in the footsteps of luxury retailers like Mr. Porter, MyTherea has launched its own bi-annual print magazine called The Album.

Debuting on 8 June, the magazine will be available from newsstands and hotels worldwide for 10 euros, giving the impression that this will be a self-supporting initiative, rather than an overblown catalogue for the website. According to the company’s chief executive Michael Kliger, roughly 70% of the content will be original creative content, while the other 30% will promote products on the site.

The inaugural issue will star filmmaker and photographer Gia Coppola on the cover, shot by Jonas Unger, as well as interviews with designers Natacha Ramsey-Levi, Dries van Noten and Kym Ellery. The store’s buying team will also be giving style insights into the season ahead and MyTheresa has worked alongside Gucci, Versace, Marni, Gianvito Rossi, Lenny Niemeyer and Repossi to create limited-edition products that will coincide with the launch.

“Our intention was not to produce another magazine, but to make a statement that this is our angle on fashion, on designers… it should be a very clear, purely editorial message,” he said, speaking to Business of Fashion.

Look out for The Album on a newsstand near you soon.

No Comments Yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

 

An online lifestyle magazine covering style, music, film, travel, food, and tech.

FOLLOW US ON