- Tim Barber, "Burning Bridges"
- Posted 50 months ago by Jack Lowe · Art & Design · 11780 Views
In collaboration with Nike Sportswear, New York photographer Tim Barber has opened his latest show, "Burning Bridges" - an exhibition of black and white photographs featuring 'NYC BridgeRunners'. ?The NYC Bridge Runners are a like-minded group of runners, and were a perfect fit to represent this collection" said Barber when speaking to W Magazine. The group, which is predominantly made up of young creatives, come together twice weekly to run the Brooklyn, Manhattan and Williamsburg Bridges.
?I decided to shoot it all black and white to accentuate that gritty energy of the streets of New York? I was shooting real runners in their natural environments so I wanted the images to reflect and translate that realness? It was a really exciting challenge, working with a group out in the elements. I grew up skateboarding, and I wanted to approach photographing the runners the same way I would approach photographing skaters. I've always loved the relationship skateboarding has with the city environment, and I wanted to show that same relationship with the runners.?
The exhibition will be open to the public through December at Nike STADIUM, 276 Bowery, New York, NY 10012.
- Beautiful Losers Online
- 50 months ago · film · 0 Comments · 4395 Views
- Beautiful Losers, a documentary made in 2008 by director Aaron Rose and co-directed by Joshua Leonard, is now available to stream online. The highly popular film speaks to artists such as Shepard Fairey, Harmony Korine, Ed Templeton and Deanna Templeton about their youth and how...
- Larry Clark "Kiss The Past Hello"
- 50 months ago · Art & Design · 5 Comments · 9043 Views
- On 8 October, 2010, Larry Clark opened his show "Kiss The Past Hello" at Paris' Musée d'Art Moderne but, since the mayor declared the show unsuitable for children, under-18s have been banned from viewing the retrospective. Click the title for images.
- Music Video Monday
- 50 months ago · music · 1 Comment · 3909 Views
- Music videos from Mark Ronson & The Business INTL, Warpaint, Diamond Rings, Avey Tare and Holy Fuck. Directed by Saam Farahmand, Shannyn Sossamon, Colin Medley & Jared Raab, Abby Portner and Brian Borcherdt & Michael LeBlanc respectively.
- Inventory Edits
- 50 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 2124 Views
- Inventory Edits is an annual large format newspaper publication from the Inventory initiative which showcases the images that didn't make the magazine's final cut, providing us with a closer look at the people who were featured in the first two issues.