- Goodbye for Good, Jerry Hsu
- Posted 51 months ago by Jonnie Craig · Art & Design · 13447 Views
To celebrate the opening of Goodbye for Good, an exhibition of photographs by the undisputed king of irony, Jerry Hsu, Vice Italy has produced an exhibition catalogue in a hand numbered edition of 250. The catalogue contains a selection of the usual oddity to be expected from Hsu, but also depicts loneliness and suffering of various sorts; a subject which Hsu appears fascinated by. Earlier this year Jerry launched another of his many cell phone photo blogs called A Table For One, for which he photographs anyone he sees dining alone. Although the subject matter seems sinister, the photographs feel like a token of admiration as opposed to simply about poking fun.
If you are interested in getting your hands on a copy, it's not going to be easy as it was a free giveaway at the opening. However, I know that Jerry hung on to a bunch of them and is planning to drop some into a few book stores; so look out for that.
Due to its success, the show will now run until the end of January instead of December as it was listed. Head over to the Vice Gallery in Milan at Via Giacomo Watt, 32 20143, Milano.
- 01 Magazine
- 51 months ago · Art & Design · 1 Comment · 11529 Views
- The thought of an online publication had been floating around Redia Soltis's mind for sometime before 01 launched in 2009. With the help of her good friend and talented photographer, Jennilee Marigomen, the duo upload a new themed issue every couple of months that features Canadian...
- Curated By: Ken Miller
- 51 months ago · Art & Design · 2 Comments · 7610 Views
- Ken Miller is the editor and curator of two popular books of art and photography. He is also an independent curator, consultant, and contributing writer for Interview, V, and The New York Times. After leaving the art and design magazine Tokion, where he worked as editor-in-chief,...
- Takahiro Miyashita x Oliver Peoples Eyeglasses
- 51 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 13799 Views
- Takahiro Miyashita and spectacle manufacturer Oliver Peoples have teamed together to produce a new line of eyeglasses for Spring 2011. The range makes use of five classic Oliver Peoples silhouettes and incorporates different...
- Leica M9 Limited Edition
- 51 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 8106 Views
- To finish off 2010, Leica have released a limited edition version of the M9, named "Ostrich" after it's brown synthetic ostrich leather exterior and strap. The silver chrome body has sapphire glass and comes with a Leica 35mm f/2 Summicron lens. Only 50 cameras have been produced,...
- Gregory Crewdson
- 51 months ago · Art & Design · 6 Comments · 8528 Views
- By using a large crew and operating at an epic scale, Gregory Crewdson reworks the American suburb to create what he calls "frozen moments" - surreal, sometimes disturbing, events reminiscent of scenes from 1960's horror movies. Not only do his images look cinematic, but his whole...