- The Strongest of the Strange, Pontus Alv
- Posted 47 months ago by Jonnie Craig · Art & Design · 9605 Views
For any skateboarder, Malmo based Pontus Alv needs no introduction. However, for the unenlightened; Pontus is a skateboarder who became known not only for his abilities on a board but also for building DIY skateparks. The release of his 2005 video The Strongest of the Strange found itself responsible for inspiring skateboarders from all over the world to build their own skateparks; an activity embraced and supported by Pontus to this day, having just finished another of his many parks.
As a celebration of this video - albeit fairly belated - Pontus has released a collectors edition of the cult independent skate video. The package contains a selection of unique artworks created by Pontus with life long friend and photographer Nils Svensson, who became known for photographing the origins of this growing scene.
There are only two packages left for auction; click here for more details.
- Fuck Friends, Leo Fitzpatrick
- 47 months ago · Art & Design · 1 Comment · 9862 Views
- New York skateboarder Leo Fitzpatrick first came to light after gripping the attention of photographer and - at the time - aspiring film maker Larry Clark. Larry became instantly fascinated by Leo's flashes of rage and violence when not landing tricks on his skateboard. Shortly after...
- Mt. Rainier Duffle Bag
- 47 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 7742 Views
- Japanese label Mt. Rainier have released a small new duffle bag which offers "double reinforced straps with leather handles, adjustable shoulder strap with metal clasps, Mt Rainier 60/40 labels and outer flap pockets at each end."
- Vans Vault Spring 2011 Lookbook
- 47 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 3488 Views
- Hypebeast give us a look at the Vans Vault limited edition book - Between You and the Ground. The 30-page book doubles up as the brand's Spring 2011 lookbook and was produced in conjunction with San Francisco-based artist and designer Scott Barry.
- Curated By: Elin Unnes
- 47 months ago · Art & Design · 1 Comment · 5500 Views
- This week's edition of Curated By: comes from Swedish journalist, gardening enthusiast, riot grrrl and profane art and music cognoscenti, Elin Unnes. Whilst putting together this selection, Elin told us that she wanted to encapsulate the beauty of nature and the insanity of man. Artists...