- The Strongest of the Strange, Pontus Alv
- Posted 46 months ago by Jonnie Craig · Art & Design · 9022 Views
For any skateboarder, Malmo based Pontus Alv needs no introduction. However, for the unenlightened; Pontus is a skateboarder who became known not only for his abilities on a board but also for building DIY skateparks. The release of his 2005 video The Strongest of the Strange found itself responsible for inspiring skateboarders from all over the world to build their own skateparks; an activity embraced and supported by Pontus to this day, having just finished another of his many parks.
As a celebration of this video - albeit fairly belated - Pontus has released a collectors edition of the cult independent skate video. The package contains a selection of unique artworks created by Pontus with life long friend and photographer Nils Svensson, who became known for photographing the origins of this growing scene.
There are only two packages left for auction; click here for more details.
- Fuck Friends, Leo Fitzpatrick
- 46 months ago · Art & Design · 1 Comment · 9515 Views
- New York skateboarder Leo Fitzpatrick first came to light after gripping the attention of photographer and - at the time - aspiring film maker Larry Clark. Larry became instantly fascinated by Leo's flashes of rage and violence when not landing tricks on his skateboard. Shortly after...
- Curated By: Elin Unnes
- 46 months ago · Art & Design · 1 Comment · 5275 Views
- This week's edition of Curated By: comes from Swedish journalist, gardening enthusiast, riot grrrl and profane art and music cognoscenti, Elin Unnes. Whilst putting together this selection, Elin told us that she wanted to encapsulate the beauty of nature and the insanity of man. Artists...
- Lasse Åberg
- 46 months ago · Art & Design · 2 Comments · 16692 Views
- Although most well-known for his feature films, of which he has made six (grossing a total of $43 mil in his native Sweden alone), Lasse ?berg is also a well-respected artist who, to date, has produced 276 lithographs. In 1960 he studied at the University College of Arts, Crafts...
- Andy Warhol, Motion Pictures Exhibition
- 46 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 5194 Views
- A new exhibition at New York's MoMA presents the cinematic work of the infamous pop artist Andy Warhol. Entitled Motion Pictures the exhibition focuses on the artist's cinematic portraits and non-narrative, silent, black-and-white films made predominantly in the the mid-60s.