- Public Domain at La Gaite Lyrique
- Posted 45 months ago by Jack Lowe · culture · 4111 Views
On 18 June La Gaite Lyrique gallery in Paris will be kicking off their special month-long series of skateboard inspired events. From the look of things, the jam-packed schedule will cover all the artistic spheres that skateboarding (or skateboarders) have inspired - from music to graphics and fashion to cinema - giving a "voice to those who have forged themselves uncommon lives after being touched by the skateboard."
Throughout the event there will be music performances from the likes of Dinosaur JR, skateboarder/musician Ray Barbee, Busy P, The Goat (band members include pro skateboarders Andrew Reynolds, Spanky and Brian Herman) and many, many more… Pierre Senizergues, founder of shoe company Etnies, will also be curating a special exhibition which will address the future of the sport and will no doubt include some incredible work.
For the full schedule of events (running through to 7 August, 2011), including film screenings and talks, head of to the La Gaite Lyrique website.
La Gaite Lyrique
3 bis rue Papin
- Established & Sons' Loaf
- 45 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 3393 Views
- London-based furniture and accessory company Established & Sons have just unveiled their latest product - Loaf. The simple yet clever natural beech wood bread bin was inspired by existing bentwood remnants, while the three holes in the top not only function as 'handles' to take off...
- Video: Memory Tapes - Yes I Know
- 45 months ago · music · 0 Comments · 2806 Views
- Animator Eric Epstein directed the spooky yet beautiful black-and-white video to accompany Memory Tapes' latest single "Yes I Know", which is the taken from their forthcoming and second album "Player Piano", out via Carpark Records next month.
- Anish Kapoor: Ascension
- 45 months ago · Art & Design · 1 Comment · 4937 Views
- Ascension is a new site-specific artwork by Anish Kapoor, a British sculptor of Indian birth. The installation piece is currently on show at this year's Venice Bienniale and explores the transience of smoke by creating a rising column of the immaterial substance. Ascension has been...
- La Ruta del Peregrino
- 45 months ago · Art & Design · 2 Comments · 21988 Views
- For this year's La Ruta del Peregrino (Pilgrim's Route) a group of seven designers, artists and architects created various shelters, viewpoints and sanctuaries along the 117 km route. The walk takes you through the mountain range of Jalisco in Mexico, starting in the town of Ameca,...
- Nike SB Support Your Local Video
- 45 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 2606 Views
- A new 25-minute video from Nike SB, entitled "Support Your Local", documents China's rising skate scene and features riders Jeremy Hu, Johnny Tang, Che Lin, and "Boss" skating the country's unique mix of modern and old architecture.
- Listen to Is Tropical's Debut Album
- 45 months ago · music · 0 Comments · 2991 Views
- London-based Is Tropical's debut album will be out via Kitsuné on 13 June, but "Native To" is already available to stream via the band's Facebook. All you have to do is like them. Is Tropical will also be performing at the Kitsuné Maison night at XOYO in London on 17 June.
- Trailer Tuesday
- 45 months ago · film · 0 Comments · 2454 Views
- Trailers this week include Mel Gibson in Jodie Foster’s Beaver (that’s The Beaver) which also stars bright young things Anton Yelchin and Jennifer Lawrence, another classic in the making from Soda Pictures with The First Grader, Congolese gangster flick Viva Riva and the Arnie-less...
- No Skateboarding
- 45 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 3537 Views
- No Skateboarding is a new photography book produced by freelance photographer Mathias Fennetaux, who once told himself "Let's meet and photograph all the key figures that shaped modern skateboarding and influenced our generation." The result is a book filled with 70 portraits of...