- Harvest by Haroshi: Skate and Destroy
- Posted 42 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 81241 Views
Here's a close up look at the Harvest by Haroshi: Skate and Destroy Exhibition currently showing at plsmis gallery in Tokyo, Japan until the 27th Feb. All the artworks have been created with old worn, or snapped, skateboard decks.
?Skate decks eventually see its life shortened by snapping, cracking and/or wearing out. Purchasing new decks is a never ending cycle and this was evident by the tower of old decks that were reaching to the ceiling of my room. We can?t throw away these decks because they hold sentimental meanings to us. I looked at these unusable decks every day and thought there must be something I can make with these.
I decided to make some accessories with the old decks and this was the birth of Harvest. The works of Harvest are through the perspectives of a skater and as an artist. As a skater, I want to take responsibility of reusing skateboards when they were no longer useable. Also, as an artist I want to explore the possibilities of what can be done with skateboards.
We see the care and effort that a skater can have for his/her deck and we also acknowledge the origins of a skateboard. We believe that if the small things we do can connect to sustainability then we?re doing something right. We?d be satisfied in our effort when people look at products and start thinking of ways to recycle.?
Images courtesy of Brandon Shegeta.
- I sent a Doc with did down here in 3rd world about skateboard... I hope u like too... Congratulion... I am so happy to see thoose images up there... Fantastic... descubierta del principio del estudio de la imagen, en el reconocimiento de una conciencia individual de captaci??n, creaci??n de una identidad individualmente formada en la imagen. No es como un concepto de imagen, constitutivo, apenas el reconocimiento del movimiento, del cuidado con el movimiento y de la presentaci??n de ciertas caracter?sticas de la identidad del movimiento de cada uno. Use to work for me... on skateboard... I hope help u too...
- Dalmo Roger Posted 42 months ago · 3 Reply
- Lovely collections. Very inspiring...
- benivolent Posted 23 months ago · -1 Reply