- Hollaback LDN
- Posted 54 months ago by staff · culture · 4833 Views
"HollabackLDN lets women Holla back at street harassers! London is not a playground for pervy dudes to call out at us when we're going about our daily business! So stop walkin' on and ignoring it and Hollaback: send us pics of street harassers and tell us your story..."
Hollaback LDN is an associate of HollabackNYC and is set up to encourage Londoners to acknowledge and respond to street harassment in our city. Their aim is to discourage patronising, intimidating and threatening behaviour towards women and to encourage victims to respond to these harassers and tell their stories. "We intend to create solidarity among men and women within our communities by having people share their experience on our site."
HollabackLDN has a 'Submit your Story' button which will make it simple and easy to upload and share your experiences and photos of street harassers. Once up and running HollabackLDN will have links to the other Hollaback sites around the world, important blogs, advice and articles.
In the meantime, please donate as much as you can towards the Hollaback iPhone App ? they need to raise $12,500 by 28 May or they don't get a penny ? so help out!
- When i was a young woman in the mid 70 I worked in a typing pool for a large government organisation. In those days it was usual for calanders with pictures of topless women on them to be on the walls of most of the managers (men) offices. These managers let it be know that they liked the cold weather as the pool girls nipples stood out when we delivered the post or typing. This made us feel sick, the men were old enough to be our dads. The young men were not any better, they felt it was ok to make lewd comments about the size of our breasts and give each of us marks out of ten for our size. We were mighty sick of it all. We all decided to fight back. If any of them made a comment we all looked at their crotch and waggled our little fingers at them. This caused an outrage. We also began to look for postcards and pictures of blokes with their shirts off (not many of them about in those days). One girl whilst on her hols sent a postcard of a statue with an enormouse penis. We began to put these on our walls and soon they began to get noticed by the men. This caused them to walk in, see the pics and walk out again with mouths open, they were gobsmacked. It was a hoot. Very soon their calendars came down and the comments stopped. One quite high up manager put his sweet wrapper down my blouse. He got a couple of laxatives in his coffee that morning and we spent the aftetnoon watching him go back and forth to the loo. What i am saying is nothing much has really progressed since then has it, but we must continue to fight back each in our own way and not accept this behaviour. I must add though that not all of the men behaved in this manner. On thinking about this most of them did though. Watch Mad Men.
- Billi Posted 51 months ago · 28 Reply
- North Face Purple Label
- 54 months ago · culture · 1 Comment · 7857 Views
- The North Face Purple Label have added some new items to their line of timless, heritage-inspired bags with an "Old Kilim" theme for SS10. The pattern is based on traditiional flat-stle tapestry-woven rugs from the Middle East.
- Vans OTW Launch
- 54 months ago · culture · 0 Comments · 1769 Views
- The Vans OTW Launch Party was recently help on a rooftop in downtown LA. Notable "celebrity guest" appearances included Mr. Cartoon who produced artwork for the night, RZA, Amber Rose and photographer Atiba Jefferson. Click the title to watch a video of the night.