- Curated By: Kimberly Lloyd
- Posted 54 months ago by staff · Art & Design · 204662 Views
Kimberly Lloyd lives and works in Germany and the US as founder of Lloyd & Associates - an agency driven by intelligent resourcing and exceptional creativity. To date Kimberly has produced work for clients such as Adidas, Chanel, Lee Jeans, American Apparel, BMW and Nike.
Kimberly also co-founded M Publication - a now collectible magazine which won numerous awards for distinguished use of design, typography and innovation in printing and finishing.
A favorite interview question posed to me is: "Where do you get your inspiration?" It's an overrated question and my only answer is: "information is everywhere. If you want it or not. Intellectual property is being literally thrown at you. Sometimes even for free. If you are really good at what you do, you also get paid to use it." Yet, what should be of more relevance is what to do with all this information, especially if you are both a professional in the world of media and practice several design disciplines. I believe that filtering resources is the "now" and the "future": research, judge, filter, refine, reset, arrange and finally fabricate proper content narration which means that, according to its arrangement and narration, a piece of work can win in value or devaluate. And what about the decision of how much content is too much content, for example in a magazine? When is editorial design "editorial design"? What matrix is to be followed? What happens when designers turn into editors? The more or less of what?
Artist, in order of appearance, left to right:
Christian Weber, Christian Weber, Christian Weber, Daniel Stier, Daniel Stier, Davidope, Deborah Feingold, Deborah Feingold, Frank Hülsbömer, Lili Huston-Herterich, Lillian Virginia Mountweazel, Lyn & Tony, Philip Kennedy, Philip Kennedy, Qompendium, Qompendium, Qompendium, Qompendium, Wayne Levin.
- 54 months ago · Art & Design · 2 Comments · 6039 Views
- Whether you like it or not, Philippe Starck has become a household name and his designs are becoming increasingly unavoidable wherever you go. After designing our lamps, toothbrushes, lemon squeezers, luggage, beds, taps, houses and toilets Starck moved one step closer to taking...
- Self Publish, Be Happy
- 54 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 5213 Views
- This weekend the Photographers' Gallery will be showcasing 50 exceptional contemporary DIY photography books at "Self Publish, Be Happy". Throughout the two days there will be signings and a talk, giving the opportunity for art lovers to discuss, admire and buy limited publications...
- "Dennis Hopper Double Standard"
- 54 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 8592 Views
- Today Jeffrey Deitch officially starts his new position at LA's MOCA museum ? and to kick it all off, Deitch will be tributing Dennis Hopper. "Dennis Hopper Double Standard" will be curated by Julein Schnabel and, spanning nearly 50 years, the survey will feature sculpture, painting,...
- Olafur Eliasson, Martin-Gropius-Bau
- 54 months ago · Art & Design · 0 Comments · 6072 Views
- Mikroskop is one of the pieces currently installed in Olafur Eliasson's exhibition "Innen Stadt Außen" at the Martin-Gropius-Bau museum, Berlin. The piece, placed in the atrium of the building, works as a huge kaleidoscope and reaches as high as the skylight. The show will run until...
- Alex Olson
- 54 months ago · Art & Design · 12 Comments · 12737 Views
- If you're a skateboarder, you'll already be perfectly aware of who Alex Olson is ? for the rest of you who aren't; Alex is a pro-skater who gets to travel the world to perform tricks at various demonstrations and film for videos that skateboarders drool over while watching relentlessly. Alex...