- Kevin Long
- Posted 47 months ago by Jonnie Craig · Art & Design · 10963 Views
Kevin Long is an artist who needs no introduction to the skate world. However, to those of you who don't have a clue who he is, he is a Californian born professional skateboarder who, in recent years, has lent his hand to making artworks out of postcards, newspaper clippings and things he finds whilst skateboarding around the world.
If you are in Berlin around the end of September, head over to the Civilist Gallery to check out a group show that Kevin is a part of called Vatican Gold.
- Kate Steciw, The Strangeness Of This Idea
- 47 months ago · Art & Design · 4 Comments · 4951 Views
- Photographer Kate Steciw's debut book, The Strangeness Of This Idea, juxtaposes highly altered digital images and collages with seemingly naturalistic shots, resulting in a carefully planned confusion on the part of the viewer,...
- Curated By: Seth Fluker
- 47 months ago · Art & Design · 5 Comments · 5533 Views
- Seth Fluker, as well as being a photographer, is the founder and director of Vancouver based independent publishing house Schnauzer. Initially finding photography through skateboarding, Seth has now been included in a number of shows at galleries such as 107 Shaw and in publications...
- Lost Ansel Adams Negative Plates
- 47 months ago · Art & Design · 1 Comment · 2900 Views
- In 1937, Ansel Adams' darkroom caught fire which near destroyed its entire contents. However, a set of plates survived which Adams then managed to lose. Almost 90 years later, the plates were discovered and bought for $45 in a garage sale; they are now estimated to be worth around...
- David Benjamin Sherry
- 47 months ago · Art & Design · 7 Comments · 6647 Views
- New York based photographer David Benjamin Sherry (b.1981) has gained success in recent years through his bold experimentation with photography. After receiving an MFA at the prestigious Yale University School of Art, Sherry has gone on to exhibit prolifically world wide, as well...